Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Default Crisp Tuesday Morning

Morning Mates, the word today is "crisp". the temperature is around 3C or 37F, and I stepped out this morning to a crisp layer of ice/snow on the ground. Brrrr! Not ready for this!

I am looking forward to aquafitness this morning, since I haven't made it to class since last Tuesday! My lower back is so painful, the only thing that helps is being in the pool.

For all those in the U.S. please get out there today and VOTE!

donna
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all from the great state of Texas. It is cool this morning, and sunny.

Today is a special day for us. It will be Joshua's first time voting. He is so excited to go, but we are going to wait until Jim gets home, and all go together.

Until then I have a hair apointment, and a few errands to run.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 6th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Yes, it's election day and I did vote.

I wish you all a pleasant day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A pleasant day as of right now but I believe rain is due later today. I took advantage of early voting last week and I must say I will be thrilled when I donít have to see all the political commercials on TV they were just ridiculous here. Hope everyone has a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright, shiny, and chilly out there today, with blue skies. A good day to vote...the school I vote at is at the end of my street. I only took my wallet,and when I got to the school, I realised I forgot my readers. I told the cop, I had to go home, to get my glasses...so, he loaned me his glasses. NOW, I could vote.

I have both kids, because the schools give the kids the day off. Times have changed.

Finally, the ads will stop..I have shows on my dvr to catch up on tonight, and I will peek in to see who is on top.

Make it a good one,and,GO VOTE! Also, get ready for the nor'easter, east coasters!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; November 6th, 2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I arrived in my winter home away from home in Arizona yesterday afternoon. Happy I got here in tme to vote multiple times

Woke this morning to 65 degrees F. Particularly nice when I left with snow on the ground for the past 10 days.

I did notice I'm here before the geese this year.

An organizational day for Mrs. Kuki and I, getting groceries etc.

I am happy to be back; I do love it here in the winter months.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna, Luanne, Aerogirl, Trip, Kuki and all who follow.

I too voted last week and waited for the grand total of one minute. When I watched the news in some places the lines stretched for over a block or two, therefore I'm glad we have early voting because my back has not healed sufficiently to stand that long if in fact, it ever does.

Kinda' a yucky day outside today, overcast and raw. Looks as if the Northern Atlantic coast line just can't catch a break with a Nor'easter due through tomorrow as Trip pointed out. Because so much of the beaches and dunes are washed away there could be some minor to moderate flooding from high tides and more inland heavy rain as the ground there is just soaked. I hope it tracks further out to see although the bad thing there is if that happens, it could mean heavy wet snowfalls. Let's all pray nothing really of note occurs as a result of this storm.

If you haven't voted, and as Don Pardo used to say, "C'mon down!" and get out there and vote.

I too am so relieved that all of the absolutely ridiculous electioneering is finally coming to an end. Thank Heaven it's only once every four years. Do they, Kuki, have the same intensity in Canada as they do here? I have never heard a Canadian mention that so I'm guessing it doesn't.

Wouldn't it be great if it were like the old days before TV when they only had debates among contestants, posters and personal public appearances that would warrant an article or two in a local paper. It would be so nice if everyone were restricted the number of these super pac ads that appear endlessly for a year, building to a crescendo that almost transcends Superstorm Sandy? Oh, that we should be so lucky!

Hope everone has a good day and that the storm tonight and tomorrow isn't that bad for you east coasters.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......cool & rain........

Trip.......you were lucky to have someone offer you thier specs.........

Am soooooo glad that that the ads will be over after tonight!!!! Can't wait.........

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Default Crisp Tuesday Morning

Good morning. Another hot day here in SoCal.

Yes, we will vote today. But because it's election day, don't think you'll be off the hook with the eliminaton of ads. Now the talking heads will discuss, ad nauseum, the election results: which state did or didn't do what . . .

I'm sitting here wishing I could go back to bed and sleep a few more hours. Dream on but stay up . . .

Judy

Old November 6th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Last night I returned from the great white north. We had a very successful hunting trip and I will be eating venison summer sausage, brats, steaks and chops for the next year.

Betty and I voted this morning around 10:30 a.m. and there were no lines. They split the precinct so there are fewer people. In previous elections there was usually a 1/2 hour, or longer, wait.

I have unpacking, laundry, trailer and gun cleaning to do so I better get at it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me