CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Friday at Last! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/393469-friday-last.html)

rollerdonna December 7th, 2012 07:17 AM

Friday at Last!

Morning Mates, it seems I missed a day yesterday, unusual for me, but I had a job interview yesterday morning so my mind was elsewhere! It went well, but it is only a "casual, substitute" position which may bring me a few more hours a week IF somebody gets sick and they call me in, but it's a start...

Meanwhile, I had my last day at my after school program yesterday, and today I start at a different school. I am not looking forward to that.:(

Since I missed my aquafitness yesterday because of the interview, I will go today instead, get all those creaky joints and bones working again!

donna

snorklr45 December 7th, 2012 08:26 AM

Good Morning!

RD: Congrats. I'm sure they will be using you all the time before you know it. The good "subs" often get called a lot. :)

Just wanted to check in before my cruise tomorrow on the Carnival Triumph. We're on the Panaorama deck. I managed to book the exact same cabin as last yr because I just loved the location of that room, the comfort and the room steward. Hope Mohammad is still taking care of that room! He is awesome! We were going to stay the night at a hotel tonight but decided against it as we both are only a 4 hr drive away and not a big deal really. Going to meet for a quick bite to eat and a cocktail at M & M Restaurant in Galveston just before heading to the ship to stand in that lonnng line. Usually, by the time I check it..It is time for muster and then I generally want to unpack and get organized.

We have plans to do a few things but also allotted time for some spontaneous things as well. With only 2 ports (Cozumel and Progresso, Mx) and 3 sea days that gives a lot of options for things to do on board. We do plan to do a quick snorkel in Cozumel if possible (if there is any time left after shopping..ha). However, if we find what we want (shopping-wise) in Progresso..We will head right for the water in Cozumel.

Hope everyone has a greatt weekend!! I'm off for a fabulous week!!:D
snorklr45

travelgalSue December 7th, 2012 10:21 AM

It is a rainy day here and due to be this way for several more. The kids are wishing it were snow but guess I'm old cause I'll take the rain. Going to be a busy weekend for us. Tonight a dance in W.Va, grandaughter's basketball game tomorrow morning, dance in Cincinnati tomorrow evening and I am hoping to get some gifts purchased sometime in between it all.
I am happy to report that things are moving along with the sale of Mom's house. Survey guy has his stuff almost done so once it all gets recorded at the court house the bank can do their thing. We are just so thankful that the lady buying the house is such a sweetie. She will be a good neighbor for all of us.
RD, hope your afternoon goes well. I agree with snorkl, you will be moved to the top of the sub list and be working more that you want.
Snorkl, have a great cruise! Enjoy the shopping and you don't have to get me anything ;).

Everyone have a great day and take time to remember that today is Pearl Harbour Day. Say a prayer for all our troops around the world who are protecting us.

Mike M December 7th, 2012 10:38 AM

Good night everyone. :)

At least it will be in a few minutes. It's almost Saturday morning here in Singapore.

We had fairly uneventful flights from Minneapolist to Singapore. There was about an hour delay in Tokyo because of air traffic but otherwise everything went smoothly but it was almost 24 hours of airports and flying. We arrived in Singapore at 3:20 am local time and didn't get to sleep until around 5:30. We slept for four hours and went out see the city. It is a VERY clean and modern place and extremely modern. We went through Chinatown and had lunch and dinner at different "Hawker stalls" and had some wonderful food. We also laid out by the pool for a couple of hours to just rest up. Tomorrow we'll utilize the HOHO bus to get around and see much more of the city. We board the Millennium on Sunday and have one more day in Singapore.

Donna: Sorry the transfer came through. I hope it isn't too far for you.

I wish everyone a great Friday and/or Saturday, wherever in the world you may be.

Take care,
Mike

LS80 December 7th, 2012 11:11 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Rain.......cool.....but mid to upper 30's.....so I'll take it.........

Mike........have a great time........Larry wants to know if you're gonna have a Singepore Sling...... ;)

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon

CruisinK n J December 7th, 2012 11:54 AM

Friday at Last

Good morning.

Bon voyage, Snorkler.

Mike, I've always wanted to go to Singapore. Thanks for posting.

Noe I know I'm old: the phrase "That's been discontinued" came up twice yesterday. I just can't understand why cosmetics companies can't make their products longer. I never can pick the right product the first time.

Have a good day, all.

Judy

Kuki December 7th, 2012 12:01 PM

Good Morning cruisemates! A slow start to the day because our agenda for the day is basically blank.

Some time between 11 and 1 a repair guy is coming to look at why my security system is telling me the patio door is open, when it's locked. Hopefully there will be an easy solution.

Other than that, there's some grocery shopping to do, and then dinner out tonight with friends.

Nice to see Mike reporting in. The 24 hr travel time is why I haven't yet made it to the far east. As a confirmed white knuckler for decades it just chases me away.

Moiraine December 7th, 2012 12:06 PM

Happy day mates. Hope everyone is having a good day so far. I just had a bite of lunch. It's still cloudy here. I think we may be in for more rain. I've not been back from my cruise all that long but would love to go on another one. Sigh, won't be happening for a while. Got to many other responsibilities for now.

I thought I was going to the store today but it looks like I may not. Oh well. It just means I get to deal with it tomorrow. Ugh. I hate the traffic in the store this time of year...but a person has to eat.

Donna, I hope the new job works out well.

Snorklr, enjoy the cruise.

Mike, I hope you and Betty enjoys yours, too.

Sue, I'm with the grandkids, I wish it was snow.

Have a good day peeps.

Lakers Fan December 7th, 2012 02:51 PM

Good afternoon from rainy NY

Manuel December 7th, 2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1457555)
Good afternoon from rainy NY

At this time of the year rain beats snow.

TM