Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday and the Sun is Back!

Morning Mates, we have not seen the sun around here for so long I almost forgot what it looked like! It is also about 7C or 20Fm so really can't complain...

Well, it is the Sunday before the big day, does anyone else feel like this?

I haven't even had breakfast yet, but already hubby has all the veggies prepped for a delicious winter stew I'm making later today.
We are expecting his son to arrive sometime today, so a pot of home-made stew simmering on the stove should be most welcome!
Have a good day all!

donna
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:30 AM
First Mate

Good morning Donna and everyone else who follows. Donna, enjoy your homemade stew...just thinking of it makes me hungry since it is one of my favorite meals. The winter storm has passed and it has left us with more than 12 inches of snow and much colder temperatures. We are all set for Christmas and will now start getting our clothes together for our cruise to the Bahamas. We will leave for Baltimore on Thursday. Enjoy your day.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and CK. Houston is cloudy and chilly thus far. Suppose to rain today and get heavy for Christmas Day.

Have a great day Friends!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A nice day outside, bright & chilly, a good day for last minute whatever. Maybe a trip to the liquor store, to peruse the aisles

The thought of prepping and baking tomorrow is a daunting one, chopping dicing & licking the spoon, will be an all day affair! I just found out my niece is flying in from Phoenix, so, another place will be set at the table

Well, Bruce is makng breakfast, so I'll sign off and say.

Make it a good one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......no change in the weather here.......which is good........

Grocery shopping today.......ya know....those last minute things ya gotta have for the big meal........

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A cloudy and cold day here so I think I will just stay home and nurse this cold I have, however later today I need to get started on these sweet Christmas tamales. Tomorrow were going to see the Radio City Music Spectacular and than out for a quiet dinner followed by our annual watching of Polar Express. I can't believe the holidays are upon us already with 2013 lurking around the corner. Where dose the time go. Hope everyone has a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday and the Sun is Back!

.Oh no, the sun ain't back! It went to Honolulu where it is absolutely gorgeous. Here in SoCal, it is cold and wet.

My shopping is done, my wrapping is done. Keith came home from Riverside early yesterday, and we did our holiday grocery shopping. I got up early and went to a big shopping mall in Orange County. I got there at 9:30 a.m., got a prime parking spot, did my shopping, enjoyed a cup of coffee while I watched the people. At 10:15, when lots of people were just getting started on their own shopping, I was on my way home.

Apparently, we looking at some heavy rain today, so it's a good time to stay in, read the paper and have some coffee.

Have a happy day, everybody.

Judy
Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all from a no sun Texas. We are overcast and warm. In fact the windows are open.

I am still stuffed up, but did manage to get some case shopping done yesterday at Sam's. I really need to go and get some regular shopping done, but like Judy, I think I will wait and go early in the morning.

I am hinting to not doing so much cooking for Christmas. I am sick of spending days in the kitchen. We shall see if I am able to not cook so much.

Donna, Your stew sounds wonderful.

I have not heard from Mike on FB in the last couple of days. I hope he is doing well, and having fun. I did see Paul's pictures from his trip, and they are beautiful.

Aero, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Try to rest if you can.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 23rd, 2012, 04:47 PM
Admiral

Happy Sunday everyone
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Greetings and happy festivus!
Beautiful day in toledo, 40 degrees and sunny all day. Yesterday, as tradition, I started and completed all my Christmas shopping. Tonight I wrap it all. Boom! Done!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from Hong Kong. Although it's Monday morning and Christmas Eve. We are on our way out for a day of shopping and a visit to the Big Buddha on Lantau Island. I do love this city. It is so easy to get around on the bus or subway. Much easier than New York or Chicago.

We rode the public bus from Stanley Market to the ship and it was as easy as pie. We also rode the subway all around yesterday and then last night we purposely "got lost" in the Central district. After a good dinner at a restaurant of a Hong Kong "Iron Chef" we just grabbed a cab and went back to the hotel. We were less than a mile away. Oh well, it was a three dollar cab ride.

OK: Betty is now dressed; so off we go. Have a great day and MERRY CHRISTMAS. BTW: They really do Christmas in a big way over here.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Nice to hear fro you Mike! Merry Christmas to the both of you!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014