Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Post-Christmas Morning

Good morning everyone.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I had a 40 hour long Christmas that started in Hong Kong and finished back home in Minneapolis. It was a long day of travel but we were able to have an "abbreviated" Christmas with the kids and grandkids before we passed out at 6:30 p.m.

My internal clock is totally out of whack. I went to sleep at 6:30 p.m. but was wide awake at 1:30 a.m.. I'll try to stay up as long as I can today and get back to a normal schedule.

The Southeast Asia trip was wonderful and we had a great time. Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) was the unexpected jewel of the trip. It was a fun and friendly city with great food, people and markets. Hong Kong was, as usual, fun and beautiful. Especially at night with the all the skyscrapers decked out in Holiday style. We did a few more "touristy" things on this trip like visiting the Big Buddha. It is basically "Buddha Land" but the cable car ride up and back was beautiful and I was proud of myself to climb the 300+ steps up to the Big Buddha.

Now it's time to diet. Between the ship and the food we had in the ports I gained almost ten pounds. I do have to say we were both a little disappointed with the food on Millennium. It wasn't bad but it was just ok and very repetitive in the buffet. The Olympic isn't what it used to be. The food was good but service was no better than it once was in the main dining room.
Qsuine was fun and had a fantastic filet mignon but otherwise the food was fair and a little too gimmicky for me. It is sort of a "Tapas with a twist" but not my style of dining. Millennium is showing her age even though she has been recently "Solsticized". Some worn carpets, railings in need of refinishing, elevator buttons worn, and other older ship issues. However the service was good and we enjoyed ourselves. Our cabin steward, Igusti, was wonderful and went out of his way to serve us and even to get a piece of luggage repaired.

I'm now waiting for the grocery store to open so I can get some food in this house. I know I could miss a few meals but dang I'm hungry.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Default T'was the Day After Christmas...or Wednesday

Morning Mates, hope everyone survived Christmas for one more year. Ours was interesting to say the least. At out friends' house were 6 adults and 5 dogs. We thought it would be chaos, but surprisingly it was quite calm and civilized, and we all enjoyed a great meal and lots of doggie love and kisses.
Here is a pic of 4 of the 5; Griffin, Emma, Ceilidh (prounounced Kay-Lee), and Ginger.
Daffy, our visiting granddog somehow missed this pic:

Today we are invited to an afternoon tea and dessert at another friend's, and tonight I am taking my step-son to the pub for trivia night.
I think he's leaving tomorrow for PEI and then home, but that will all depend on the weather, which at the moment is threatening to snow...

If any of you are lucky enough to have Boxing Day off, enjoy! Here, Boxing Day is like another Christmas, everything is closed, so there's not much else to do but stay home and relax!

donna
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mike, Donna and all of our friends to follow. Mike, as we all know, any cruise trip is a good trip! Donna, glad you had a great day yesterday.

I had to work but the day was very quiet and I was able to enjoy a nap when I got home afterwards. Then a trip to visit Sandra's son and grandkids! The grandson has lost both of his front teeth!! Thus, the song of the evening was "All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth!" Strangely enough, the youngster did not think it was very amusing??? The granddaughter is four and is such a sweetie! She has stepped in nicely to attempt to replace the empty spot in my heart for my own daughter, whom I miss so much .

For today... weather is 30F and 20 knot winds from the north! At least it is dry! Days like today are why I am glad that I no longer work a beat outside.

Have a great day friends!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 26th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a frozen Texas. WE are in the teens, and won't be much warmer later on.

Welcome home Mike. I followed you on FB, and loved the pictures. I am sure you have a few more, so I look forward to seeing them.

Michael, Glad to see you made it through the holiday. It sure is tough isn't it. I tried to stay busy.

Donna, Lots of puppy kisses at your party. I would have loved to see them all play. Have fun with your step-son.

I did so much yesterday, that today is pretty much my time to do what I want. I have a book which involves Christmas, so I will probably finish it.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Today our area and all of NYC will be getting 60mph winds along with heavy rain . There is a flood watch and a possibility of loss of power . Our specific area is very likely to flood .

On Saturday a massive snow storm is predicted .
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........temps mid 30's up to the low 40's.........maybe a few showers.......

Welcome home Mike.......isn't it strange how you get hungry after ya get home from a cruise???? Glad ya had a good time.......

Not much going on today.......just Christmas for the grandaughter here.......

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Default T'was the Day after Christmas..or Wednesday

Good morning and happy day after. It's a wet Wednesday here in SoCal. We slept long and we slept in. There was lots of gifts, lots of socializing, and lots of food. And it was exhausting! We didn't even bring in the gifts last night.

Mike, welcome home. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Donna, really a cute picture. I, too, wish I could have seen them play, and pet them, each and every one.

I'd like to stay in an enjoy a rainy day but routine calls, including a trip to the clinic.

Judy

Havew a good day, all.

Judy

Old December 26th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Good day mates. Nothing going on here but chores and maybe tv and reading later. We have a layer of ice and ten inches of snow on the ground.

Welcome home Mike.

Have a good day all.
Old December 26th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Captain

Welcome home Mike. Glad to hear you trip was a good one. Now the real work of getting yourself back on the right time schedule begins. Don't worry about the 10 lbs, you can drop that shoveling snow! Speaking of which we are missing the white stuff which is falling all around us. All we are seeing is lots of rain. I'm not complaining at all, but the grandkids would love to see some snow to try out the sleds that haven't been used for a long time.
We had a wonderful Christmas. The kidos got a Mickey Mouse bank with a sign around the neck saying they need to start saving their money as they are going to Disney in March. The girls are thrilled and when we all got together at my sisters last night they were excited that everyone had gotten them Disney gift cards to use on their trip. Now the countdown begins for them. Papaw has already had to make a donation to the bank when we visited them yesterday morning! I'm sure he will have to do this several more times before they go.
Hope everyone had a gread holiday and now we can get ready for 2013 to arrive.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 26th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Glad that my fellow cruisemates survived the holiday season. Our older daughter, son-in-law, and their two kids came in to see their friends who were visiting their families for Christmas. Like most Jewish people, we went out to eat last night at a Chinese buffet. While the kids were saying good-by to their friends at a restaurant for breakfast, I headed out to Wal-Mart to take advantage of the sales. I bought a gift for a friend that had surgery today. Now it's back to reality and "no more overeating". Hope everybody enjoyed, yesterday!