Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Default First saturday of the year ( 2013 )

I hope that you are all having a nice morning and enjoying the first weekend of 2013.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Manuel and everyone to come.

I was just going to put up a GM thread when I saw this. I guess everyone is enjoying a good Saturday morning.

I'm in day 3 of "Pneumonia 2013". I'm feeling a bit better but still not too good. The grandkids are here and right now they and grandma are playing "Let's Dance" on the Wii. Grandpa isn't up to that right now. If they had a game called "Let's Hack" I would win hands down. I like the Wii games because they get people moving and not like the games where the only thing that gets a workout are your thumbs.

Grandma will take the kids skating this afternoon and grandpa will stay home and take it easy. I will make sauced chicken legs for dinner. It's easy and the kids love them. Take some chicken legs, lightly season them, lay them out on a sheet pan, throw on some BBQ sauce and toss them in a 350F oven for an hour. I might even get ambitious and make some rice and veggies.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and a wonderful upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........

Mike.....sauced chicken legs sound good........

Warming up here a bit.......lows in the upper 30's to low 40's.........

Y'all have a good day..............

Sharon
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. Time got away with me last night and I stayed up way too late reading. Hmm, I made bbq pork chops in the crock pot a few days ago and had rice, spinach, and seasoned cabbage. My daughter decided to go out to eat with friends. The chops and rice would have been fine but the spinach and cabbage were too much for her.

Nothing going on here. I'm the only one up at the moment. I need to walk the dog and do the dishes. I may even clean the litter box. Other than that it's going to be more reading.

Have a good day.
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Greater downtown Mineral Wells, Texas. The temp is 41 and sunny.

WE arrived last night, and boy what a trip. Did you ever see Deliverance?

Not this town, but what is between here and home.

The landscape was beautiful. I guess the rich from Fort Worth-Dallas, who want horse farms, live here.

The only problem is I have a bad reaction to horses. Not just touching, but something they emit that causes me to swell. Just as soon as we would leave one farm, there would be another. I have never seen so many horses in my life. By the time we got here, I had a partial closed windpipe, and a horrible headache. I feel much better this morning, but didn't sleep very well.

Bella is here with me this weekend, and she and I have been walking this morning. Thankfully no horses around here, but a beautiful golf course. No Kuki, I wasn't walking Bella on the course.

I am so looking forward to tonight. IT's playoff season for the NFL, and believe it or not, I planned this trip around the games. I will only miss one of them, and we have found the Ravens football network on the radio to listen to on the way home.

Manuel, My heart stopped this morning when I found out a plane had hit a house in your town. Glad to see you are okay.

Well I have a Kindle calling my name.

Everyone have a good day.

Mike, Get better soon.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Its chilly but very sunny here east of the Big Apple.
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates... and Mike the pneumoniated sick guy.

Only 51 degrees in Scottsdale this morning. "They" keep promising a warming trend, and then each day push it away another day. Supposed to get to 65 and sunny today; we'll see.

A new outlet mall opened here last year after we left, so I'm considering a ride to look around today.

Other than that, my plan is to sit out on the patio and watch the bad golfers go by.

Also have to get all the year end paperwork and reports done for tax purposes for my mother's caregivers.

Since we've been dining out so much lately because of all the visitor, I'm expecting Mrs. Kuki is likely to be making a scrumptious dinner at home tonight... or reservations
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 5th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Default First Saturday of the Year (2013)

A late good morning to you.

Keith and I went to Pasadena yesterday. A mistake! While we had a delicious lunch and validated parking, a huge accident east of us created a colossal traffic jam that affected the entire area. What is usually a 30-minute drive from our house, it took us three hours to get home. Not only the freeway was bumper to bumper, so were all the surface streets. I also didn't think about the after Christmas sales that drew people to Pasadena's Old Town, either.

Keith went to Riverside and I am spending a quiet Saturday.

Judy

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Captain

I cleaned out the guest bedroom closet that hadn't been done in almost 4 years (yikes). Felt good to get rid of things I didn't know I had. You can't take it with you............
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012