Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday and it's Snowing!

Morning Mates, you all must be being lazy this morning, I slept in late and still I'm the first one to post!

It is another -freezing day, in the -20s I think, and it is snowing. We are not expected to get much, but you never know.

My only excitement today is trying a new recipe for dinner. Hope it's good, because it's always nice to add something new to the repertoire...

donna
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna and all those to follow. It is not snowing here, but someone has stolen our sunshine, and it's terribly dull without it.

Jim and I went to see "O Dark Thirty" last night. WE had debated seeing it, but went anyway. It is not a movie I would want to see again.

Today we have the house to ourselves, and no real plans, so who knows what we will do.

I spoke to Todd last night. He is back in the hospital, but hopes to be out in a day or two.

I hope all is well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........no snow or rain.....warming a bit......I'll take it.....

Not much going on.......

Thinking of you Todd..........

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:10 AM
First Mate

Sunny start to the day, but that is the calm before the yuck! In the low 30's today, slightly cooler tonight, then warming. This afternoon, we are to get sleet and freezing rain until midnight or so. The roads will be slick and messy. At least it is not to last long and we get a bunch of rain tomorrow and temps in the 40's. Just don't like the weather tonight while DH has to travel to work.

RD - hope the new recipe turns out well; something I need to do soon!

Luanne - enjoy your quiet day with your hunny; thanks for the info on Todd

LS80 - enjoy the little warmer day!

Todd - GET BETTER SOON!

Hope all have a good day!
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning
Well it's the calm before the Ice storm that "they" tell us is on it's way, so lets see what we really get. They say it will melt by late this evening as we are due for some warmer temps moving in for Mon & Tue. Their talking power lines and tree branches coming down possibly so lets hope their wrong like usual.

So I was talking with a girls I use to work with and we were talking cruises. She has never been on one and her whole family including mother, sisters, nieces, and nephews are planning on taking a ten or eleven day cruise for Christmas and the New year.

After looking at different options someone told them to wait a week before they want to leave and than book because they would get a better deal. Of course I set her straight and told her the person who told her this is crazy.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's been an interesting couple of weeks in Scottsdale. Two weeks ago we recorded the coldest day ever; a week later it was the hottest Jan. 21 on record; yesterday we got the most rain recorded, except for July 2010 -during Monsoon season. Supposed to be heading back to the 70s towards mid-week.

I haven't been on the site much lately. We've had a lot of out of town visitors the past few weeks, and an "issue" (business, not health) back home have taken up all my time. If I can't get it straightened out from here by Mon. or Tues. I may have to head home for a few days.

Sorry to read that Todd is back in the hospital. Todd - wishing you WELL!

Some showers expected today, and since most of our visitors are leaving today, think we'll have to catch up on laundry, and restock the groceries. Nothing to exciting, or as much fun as we've been having with our friends the last few weeks.

Have another "rash" of friends coming in towards the end of this coming week. The fun never stops
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday and It's Snowing

Good morning. Looks like Kuki has been getting samples of our weather. I love the rain but even I'm ready for a break. We're supposed to be rid of it on Monday.

Donna, what's the new recipe? Please let us know if you like it. I'm finally going to make beef stew today.

Todd, I wondered what happened to you. Please get well soon.

Have a good Sunday, everybody.

Judy
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

We just got off Glory a couple of hours ago. We had priority boarding and disembarkation and I have never had a faster boarding or disembarkation. We were off at 8:00 a.m. and did not take our luggage off. We were also able to get early check-in at the Crowne Plaza. The first desk clerk told us we couldn't check in until 1:00 p.m. so we went to the flea market next door. When we checked to see if a room had opened up and the same woman said: No, I told you 1:00 p.m.. The manager was right behind her and turned around and said: "Let me take this." He then apologized to us and got us a room and then gave us a coupon for a free breakfast. That was nice.

We had an overall great cruise except for what Carnival could not control. Our visa card was hacked and we were called down to Guest Services because our credit card was rejected on the third day. We used another card and called Capital One. The ship let us use their phone so there was no charge. There had only been about $150 in charges and they are sending a new card and it should be at home when we get there. Of course we are not responsible for the charges.

We did have three straight days of rain and Costa Maya and Roatan were wet but we had a good time touring the ruins in Costa Maya. Ponchos are something you should always bring.

The ladies at the Alchemy bar were great and Aleksandra, from Poland, taught me how to make a flame thrower out of an orange peel so I'll be peeling a lot of oranges when I get home. I wonder how I'll explain things to the insurance adjuster.

Now we are going to go and wander around Little Havana for awhile and then take it easy. I need some good beans and rice.

Tomorrow: We board the Imagination and see what a four day cruise is like.

Take care and I wish everyone a great Sunday and a wonderful week.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:26 PM
First Mate

Strange mike. We have only sailed Carnival once and the same thing happened to,our card as well as quite a few other people on the same cruise. Hmmm wonder if their security isn,t up to scratch?
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Afternoon! Busy morning for me. I was sorry to hear that Todd is back in the hospital. I send prayers and good wishes.
Luanne, Emoy your time with Jim.
AeroGirl a large family group booking so close to the sail date would also have a hard time getting the dinner arrangements they want. Probably not able to sit together either.
Donna, I was in somewhere around 3:00 AM To post the Damn It post. I planned to come bck and post the good morning thread but got busy and forgot.
All of you in cold places stay warm and stay safe. I am enjoying a nice day of 72 and sunny here.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennc View Post
Strange mike. We have only sailed Carnival once and the same thing happened to,our card as well as quite a few other people on the same cruise. Hmmm wonder if their security isn,t up to scratch?
Could of happened right before they cruised, from a hotel, store or restaurant.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:32 PM
First Mate

What are u making?
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:34 PM
First Mate

I meant Donna. What are u making?
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post
All of you in cold places stay warm and stay safe. I am enjoying a nice day of 72 and sunny here.

Laura
Laura, I feel the same way. I have lived in Florida for 14 months and I love it here.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!