CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   John Travolta - Cruise Gossip (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/394550-john-travolta-cruise-gossip.html)

Paul Motter February 7th, 2013 04:49 PM

John Travolta - Cruise Gossip

John Travolta - Cruise Gossip

John Travolta has a dispute with a cruise ship employee, but manages to settle the case

http://www.cruisemates.com/images/CM...oltacruise.jpg
John Travolta settles
his case with Fabian

The big gossip news in the cruise industry this week is that the case brought by a former Royal Caribbean crew member against mega-movie star John Travolta has been "dropped" with no news of the details forthcoming.

The Hollywood Reporter (a regular movie industry trade newspaper) reported that Fabian Zanzi, a crew member aboard the Royal Caribbean ship (frankly we are not sure if he was the phone attendant at the room service desk, a room steward, or a shipboard masseuse) Enchantment of the Seas, accused John Travolta of dropping his robe so he was fully naked and "forcefully embraced" him.

green_rd February 8th, 2013 09:14 AM

Some people are huggers. A non-celebrity female co-worker went to a massage school for an inexpensive massage. At the end the masseuse wanted a hug - she didn't think that was going to happen.

Lakers Fan February 8th, 2013 10:24 AM

I have a friend who worked as a Massage Therapist in a Chiropractors office .The DC wanted the MT to engage in other activities as well.

Paul Motter February 8th, 2013 12:46 PM

My wife is a massage therapist for 30+ years and has only had one bad incident her entire career. She has had clients like Charles Barkley and John McEnroe.

The vast majority of people know real massage therapists are legit.

Somehow Travolta either has a "sickness" or he is gay and misread the "signals" the guy gave to him. Or it was all lies. ;)

Aerogirl February 8th, 2013 08:32 PM

I think it's time John comes out of the closet......this day and age who cares!

Lakers Fan February 9th, 2013 11:29 AM

Travolta/McEnroe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1463850)
My wife is a massage therapist for 30+ years and has only had one bad incident her entire career. She has had clients like Charles Barkley and John McEnroe.

The vast majority of people know real massage therapists are legit.

Somehow Travolta either has a "sickness" or he is gay and misread the "signals" the guy gave to him. Or it was all lies. ;)

Travolta will never exit the closet ,he has too much to lose .

One of my former co-workers and her then husband were good friends of John McEnroe .I inquired as to whether his personality away from the tennis courts is different and she said ,absolutely not .

ssheldo February 13th, 2013 12:20 AM

John is BI?

So JT is probably bi-sexual. Who cares? He is an accomplished actor and apparently a loving father. His wife has voiced no complaints. His biggest problem with 'coming out' would no doubt be with the Church of Scientology. THAT affiliation concerns me more than his sexual orientation!!

Paul Motter February 15th, 2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1463928)
[
One of my former co-workers and her then husband were good friends of John McEnroe .I inquired as to whether his personality away from the tennis courts is different and she said ,absolutely not .

My wife could also verify that. he was two hours late, did not apologize, was rude in talking to her and left no tip.

My wife's experience with sports stars and massages is that they are so used to getting free stuff from companies that they almost expect everything to be free.

momofmeg April 9th, 2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1463928)
Travolta will never exit the closet ,he has too much to lose .

I do not think that statement is true. It did not hurt Ellen at all as far as I can see. Yes her sitcom was canceled-but it was not very good. Her talk show is great. Look at Elton John,no one cares, and that is true of many other celebrities-if they have real talent-no one cares.

The days of Rock Hudson and the prejudice he faced are from over 20 years ago.

However, anyone making unsoilicated sexual advances on anyone male or female, gay or straight, I consider that person is a jerk. Besides the fact that sexual harrassment is illegal, which means they are breaking the law.

As to whether JT made advances-I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now-too may sue-happy people around and people do target the wealthy and famous. I do know many years ago all the tabloids said he was gay for a few months and then you heard nothing for many years. I amsure any good googler could find that out and resurrect that inorder to use "sexual harassment" to get money.

I do wonder why JT took a crusie on a mainstreamline. surely he could afford a better line or even rent a yacht, if not buy one. That is the part that does not compute for me.

I also read that Demi Moore and Ashton Knutcher liked 3-somes with another girl. The reason they divorced was he started an open well pubilized affair with one of their lovers. (minus Demi I guess) Their popularity has not been hurt that I can see. As far as me, I never liked those 2 in the first place-or Bruce Willis. Anyway, maybe that is just the ways of Hollywood.

Paul Motter April 9th, 2013 04:01 PM

rumors of celebrities being gay just pop up all the time... who hasn't it happened to, except John Wayne?

No one cares, in my opinion, whether they are or not.

Lakers Fan April 9th, 2013 10:46 PM

John Wayne

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1469650)
rumors of celebrities being gay just pop up all the time... who hasn't it happened to, except John Wayne?

Back in the 50's there were a lot of rumors about Wayne being gay ,the term at the time was homosexual.

momofmeg April 11th, 2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1469650)

If they are it is their business-unless they rape or sexually harass someone. As far as I am concerned that is true of both straight and gay.

Lakers Fan April 11th, 2013 05:39 PM

Not really

Quote:

Originally Posted by momofmeg (Post 1469936)
If they are it is their business-unless they rape or sexually harass someone. As far as I am concerned that is true of both straight and gay.

When you are in show business your life sells publications .

I have a cousin who is a well known singer ,comedienne and actress . She gets more publicity about the fact that she has been married 5 times than her career .