CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Tuesday Before the Storm (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/395189-tuesday-before-storm.html)

rollerdonna March 19th, 2013 07:34 AM

Tuesday Before the Storm

Morning Mates, another big one is coming, already hitting the east coast; Montreal has closed all their schools today and that doesn't happen very often. The snow is supposed to hit here sometime late in the day, anywhere from 10-30 cms depending on the area.
And just for fun....another one is right behind it, due to hit Thursday evening into Friday. :cry:

Meanwhile, life goes on, aquafitness this morning, work, then a staff meeting tonight.
I like being busy rather than bored like last week!

donna

DougR. March 19th, 2013 07:48 AM

My Heart is heavy this morning. My cousin Sgt.Derek McConnell, a true American hero, who sacrificed both of his legs to an IED in Afghanistan and whose ups and downs and struggles in the months following his injury were documented by his loving mother Siobhan and his devoted fiancee Krystina passed away suddenly in his sleep due to his injuries yesterday. He was only 24 and had been making remakable progress up to that point. A big salute from this retired Air Force Master Sergeant.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...66012080_n.jpg

sue March 19th, 2013 08:13 AM

Doug I am so sorry about your loss....:(

Its snowing here and Rick is at home. Working since 5am on computer, phone and whatever else. Its crazy how many hours he works, 70hrs a week is understated.

Kids are delayed an hr at school my daughter just texted me. They started school yesterday and had a great first day. They like it better then their old Florida school. I like to take them to the zoo in Providence and also the Boston aquarium :D maybe spring break will be a good time.
I made pulled pork overnight at my crock pot and it looks good. We don't eat bbq sauce but are making a vinegar sauce with it. Everyone have a good day and remember we are all one day closer to our cruises ! :p

Trip March 19th, 2013 08:34 AM

Hi Kids,
Doug, a last salute for your cousin Derek, a hero for sure..so sorry for your loss.

The snow here is hardly anything, yet our local channels deem this not major situation worthy storm by covering every snowflake! Babysitting is on my agenda, not a busy dance card today.

Make it a good one!

Manuel March 19th, 2013 10:30 AM

Good morning Mates

First of all I send a big salute to your cousin. I appreciate his service and as a Vietnam Veteran who lost some good buddies, I certainly understand the sacrifice your cousin made for our Country.

Donna, I hope that this will be your last storm for this season.

Have a nice day folks.

TM

Lakers Fan March 19th, 2013 10:42 AM

Cloudy and cold here today .

LS80 March 19th, 2013 11:18 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......temps in the morning are going back down......30's..........still suppose to be low 50's for the highs.........

Doug.........thinking of you & your cousin.........

Sue........the vinegar sauce sounds good.......care to share?????

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon

Aerogirl March 19th, 2013 12:35 PM

Good Afternoon

Doug I'm so very sorry to hear about your cousin Derek. I hope all who loved him know is sacrifices are not going unnoticed and are truly appreciated. May he rest in peace.

Another cold day here with no sign of spring around.

Have a blessed day mates.

sue March 20th, 2013 08:03 AM

Vinegar Sauce

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS80 (Post 1467791)
Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......temps in the morning are going back down......30's..........still suppose to be low 50's for the highs.........

Doug.........thinking of you & your cousin.........

Sue........the vinegar sauce sounds good.......care to share?????

Here it is : 2 cups of cider vinegar, 1/2 cup ketchup plus 2 tablespoons, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 4 teasp red hot pepper flakes,1 teasp black pepper, 1 teasp white pepper, 1 1/3 cup water...mix until sugar dissolved and dip pulled pork in or pour some on top of pulled pork!

LS80 March 20th, 2013 03:31 PM

Sue.......thanks.........we don't care for BBQ sauce either.........sounds yummy........

Sharon