Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday! June 14th

Morning mates, it is officially Friday, if only 1:45 a.m. (another sleepless night...)
I somehow managed to miss posting yesterday; busy day, as it will be today also. First, swimming, then a tutorial in how to use my laptop, or possibly trade it in for something smaller; then errands, work, and finally a music/comedy show by a friend of mine.
Wednesday and Thursday nights we saw 2 absolutely amazing, top notch shows at our little local theatre. Such amazing talent in a tiny little town like Pictou. If you ever want a true Maritime musical experience, you should come visit Pictou for the sounds of Summer, every Tues. Wed. and Thurs. night through July and August.
(I should be working for the tourism bureau!)

Mike and Betty, wishing you a wonderful long trip, hope you will be checking in with us along the way...
Did anybody see the christening ceremony of the new Royal Princess yesterday? Cannot wait to sail on her in Oct.! Now if they'd just fix my countdown clock, I'd know exactly how long I have to wait....

donna
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

I'm up as well. I slept a few hours on my recliner but I can't go to bed because I'm wearing a monitor with a bunch of wires. I could never get comfortable in bed. I will be on the computer for a while then go back to my recliner.

Mike and Betty, have a wonderful trip.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old June 14th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna, Manuel and all who follow.

My horrific computer issues should be corrected shortly. I have my laptop back and will hopefully this weekend, get my older PC back. Then, this newer one which has so many pop-up ads I can't even really use it, will go back to Asheville with Susan's son Tyler to itself be stripped and reformulated or whatever geeks do to computers.

I'm still hanging in there despite the crippling pain and the fact that for all intents and purposes am confined to a wheel chair about 85% of the time. I can't wait until Monday when I have my appointment with my neuro surgeon in Knoxville. My niece DeAnna is coming over on Sunday evening and will chauffeur me to and from Knoxville as my P.A., Susan, has to insure that a local retail business is prepared "bookwise" for the week's operation.

I'm hoping that there is something that can be done aside from merely pain management but I'm prepared for the worst news as my situation appears to be almost identical to an individual's whom I know who cannot be helped other than with just pain management. Matter of fact, she firmly believes my situation is far more troubling than her's. Whatever, I just refuse to be a cripple (uh oh, there's that politically incorrect term again but since, as Pogo used to say, "I ARE one!" I reserve the right...).

I was alerted on my cell phone earlier last evening to seek immediate shelter from a tornado. Almost simultaneously Susan called and told me the same thing. She said not to take any chances but to get down the basement. I reminded her that to do what would ordinarily be a simple task, for me involved some various serious issues. I told her if we were hit, I'd wave as I flew over the town.

Hope everyone has a wonderful TGIF and following weekend. At least we're supposed to have gorgeous weather today through, I think, Sunday.

Prayers and a request for Blessings upon all continue unabated.

'Til next time, I remain,

The Village Idiot
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning again my friends, I just have to share this video I saw this morning, it celebrates Father's Day like no other....enjoy!

Bohemian Rhapsody On The Way To School - YouTube

donna
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning
There must have been something in the air as I could not fall into a good sleep last night either.

Laundry and cleaning the house is on my agenda for today and going to to movies later this evening.

Have a good day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old June 14th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning to all this morning. I am sorry that I did not get in yesterday. I took the bus to do some shopping after that I went home. Miss Lilly was there hiding as usual in the closet. She came out when she knew it was me that was in the house. I could see that she did not feel good. She walked oddly and very slow and sometimes her front paws would turn over so she landed on her wrist. I was really upset. Every day something else was wrong. I decided it was time to take her. So we went to the veterinarians. I was there with her until the end. It was sad to see those beautiful golden eyes turn black as if someone shut off a light inside. My Miss Lilly has gone over the rainbow bridge. Nearly 16 years from the day I brought her home. Rest in Peace sweet kitty. No more kitties for me. I cannot do this again.
Time to go and get some work done for now. I will be back tomorrow. Have a fabulous day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 14th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Looks like it's going to be a nice day here in So. Cal. Hoping everyone has a wonderful day and Happy Flag Day.
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday! June 14

Another good morning from SoCal! Overcast in my area for a couple more hours.

Not much goin' on: gym for Keith, housework for me. We plan to go to Norms for lunch today.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Familiar Face

Good afternoon all.

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I feel it is one of the hardest things a human can do to their furry family member. Even though kind words say, "It's best for them", it's still so empty not having them around.

Todd, glad to see you're posting. Always enjoy them.

To all - have a Happy Father's day weekend. Sunny & hot in central USA.
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Admiral

Hot and sunny here today .
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Admiral

Laura,
So sorry to hear about Miss Lilly, I know how special she was to you.
As CabinFever said its such a hard thing for us to do.
{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Laura, so sad to hear about Miss Lilly..never easy to leat a dear pet go, but, she is saying hello to Emma, and playing without pain....xo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 14th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Oh Laura, so sorry to hear about Miss Lilly. I know how hard it is, having just been through it myself.
Maybe Emma was there at the Rainbow Bridge to greet Miss Lilly and they are frolicking in the green pastures...

donna
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Thank you everyone for the words of comfort. I really appreciate it. I miss her so much. No warm little body snuggling against my leg when I go to bed at night. I just miss her a lot right now.
Donna, I know Emma was there to greet Miss Lilly. It is just what Emma would do.
Thanks again everyone. You are all so special to me.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 17th, 2013, 10:38 AM
First Mate

Laura, so sorry to hear about Miss Lilly. You are in my thoughts!