CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Thursday July 18 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/397957-thursday-july-18-a.html)

rollerdonna July 18th, 2013 06:56 AM

Thursday July 18

Morning mates, it's a dull one today so far, but the humidity is back, maybe we'll get some rain...
This is pretty much what I've been doing lately.....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...61187886_n.jpg

Just enjoying living in this beautiful province, and so close to the ocean. I found another beautiful beach yesterday, more secluded than the first.
Trouble is, I brought Griffin with me. He ran headlong into the water, surprised himself then bolted out of there hopping on his hind legs like a jackrabbit, he looked so funny. rofl
He then proceeded to "dry off" by rolling in the sand and dried seaweed. Needless to say, he needed a complete bath and de-tangling when we got home. :rolleyes:
I wonder what adventures are in store for today...

donna

Comet Cruiser July 18th, 2013 10:37 AM

Morning Cruisemates,

It's been a while since I've posted on the morning thread, but I must admit I do check in here from time to time to see how everyone is doing.

I have been working again part time at a Shopper's Drug Mart here in our little village....I just love being out and doing "something", plus the little bit of money I make can go toward our cruising funds:D

We recently booked a second cruise for February 28th 2014 on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore. It's going to Key West!!!!! We missed that port on our first cruise in 2004 because Hurricane Jeanne was coming up the coast, so we went out to Bermuda to stay away from it. So for our upcoming 30th wedding anniversary this month, hubby and I decided to book this 8 night Bahamas cruise in February as our present to each other.

Our other cruise we have booked is the Quantum of the Seas 12 night in March 2015, we're going to Barbados and Martinique!! Can't wait to see those ports either!!!

Well hopefully everyone has a great Thursday...and try keeping cool out there, yesterday here with the humidity it felt like 43 C or well over 100 F.

Take care everyone and happy cruising!

Gail
Comet Cruiser

p.s. Now I just have to try to remember how to do the countdown clocks!!!

Luanne Russo July 18th, 2013 10:45 AM

Good morning everyone from El Paso Texas. It is raining here today, and the locals are thrilled.

I have finally caught up on my sleep. Yesterday I closed the curtains, and took a long nap, plus slept good last night.

My plane trip out here was a good one. I love to meet others on the way. The lady I sat with was from the Boston area, so we spent the time talking about Boston, as our dear Trip has taught me over the years.

Our room is not the best, but doable. I have not seen much of El Paso, but what I have seen is very old and run down. We start furloughs tomorrow, so we will spent more time getting to know the area. I will work hard to find something good to report.:D

Today I will do some research of the area, and make a list of things to do. You know one thing I want to do is see the border. I don't want to get so close to get in the way, but I would like to see it. I have heard all my life about the border, but have never seen it. I do notice that every business has very strong looking bars on the windows and doors. It is hard to believe that outside our window is the interstate, and then a mountain, and on the other side of that is the border crossing that many Americans over the years have crossed for a day of fun and drink.

Well I guess I had better get my day started.

I hope all have a good day.

Luanne

Trip July 18th, 2013 11:02 AM

Hi Kids,
The sun gods are shining down hot and heavy, with tomorrow, even hotter, then it breaks, or so they say. Donna, glad you are enjoying the beach, though secluded would make me uncomfy...Griffin, is a scamp for sure...How is he dooing without Emma?

Gail, I loved Martinique,though many others might disagree..glad to see the ships are going back.......Loved Barbados too..

Luanne, and I bet this lady had no accent, right?:) I'm glad I came to mind, as you are often on mine...xo

I am off to a sale at a nice boutique,and lunch w/the girls........make it a good one!

Aerogirl July 18th, 2013 11:11 AM

Good Morning

Feeling Hot Hot Hot..... I think that's how the song goes!

It's a scorcher again with the heat index hitting 106 :shock:

Staying in and staying cool however I think I need to stop over at the docs office because one of the incisions from my surgery is still not healed and is now all red and not looking right.

Luanne ....have fun exploring!

LS80 July 18th, 2013 11:26 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Still cool this morning.........suppose to warm up to the high 70's for today......then back into the low to mid 80's for the next week.........

Luanne......have fun exploring.......always wanted to go to El Paso........

Trip.....have a great shopping day & lunch..........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon

Manuel July 18th, 2013 11:33 AM

Good morning Mates

It's good to see that many of you are enjoying the summer.

In my neck of the woods it's warm but the temps are in the eighties. Not too hard to take for Florida.

TM

rollerdonna July 18th, 2013 11:49 AM

Gail, good to see you posting, and even better that you have a couple cruises booked! One of these days we will have to co-ordinate our plans and cruise together!
By the way, the countdown clocks have not been working since they updated this site a couple months ago. Very frustrating. :(

donna

CruisinK n J July 18th, 2013 12:08 PM

Thursday July 18

Good morning. The weather mavens keep saying that we'll hit triple digits, but so far, in my area at least, we haven't made it. That's fine with me. The weekend will bring humidity with the monsoons up from Mexico.

We're planning to go to MN for my mother's 97th birthday in September. I'm trying to convince Keith that we want to stay in downtown Minneapolis. More to do and many restaurants. We can't visit with my mother for more than an hour or so at a time, so that means we have to entertain ourselves.

Have a good day, people.

Judy

Comet Cruiser July 18th, 2013 04:24 PM

Donna, thanks for letting me know about the cruise clocks not working...and we DEFINATELY have to cruise together sometime....maybe the Quantum in March 2015......they have ROLLERSKATING :D:D:D:D

rollerdonna July 19th, 2013 07:12 AM

Seriously? rollerskating? Oh boy oh boy, where do we sign up? :D

donna