Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2013, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Rainy Sunday

Morning Mates, from a dull, slightly damp Pictou County. My friend from 30 mins. away just messaged me that they are having severe rainfall, thunder, lightning, and a power failure.
Not a drop here, although there was obviously rain overnight.
I guess maybe we are in for some worse weather today....too bad because 2 sets of friends are coming later for an end-of-summer BBQ and Corn Roast. I was hoping we could sit outside...

My yard sale was semi successful yesterday, sold a lot but not nearly enough, and didn't raise as much money as I'd hoped. Oh well, I did my best and managed to make a good donation to the cause of getting a local man a van for his wheelchair.

Wishing you all a good Sunday in this long weekend. I think I will be spending the holiday Monday packing up all the stuff that didn't sell...

donna
Old September 1st, 2013, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Day # 2 in a trio of crappy days...humid, rainy and no sun. Bummer for all that wanted to get the most out of the last official summer weekend!

Here is a piicture of my Little lucy, hard to believe I won't be watching her, or Aiden, as school starts. My Tuesdays & Fridays are mine now to do as I please, but, I would gladly give them up....make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 1st, 2013, 10:13 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning all.

The weather has turned much cooler after a cold front moved through last night. We had about 1/8 inch of rain. I was hoping it would be more but it was not to be.

Today, Betty and I are heading out for a little staycation (I actually hate that word) We are heading downtown for two nights. Today we'll do some shopping and hit one of our favorite restaurants and tomorrow we'll hop the shuttle for the last day of the Minnesota State Fair. There won't be much left in the animal barns but we'll join my brother and Sister-in-law for the Tim McGraw concert. Yes, we were actually talked into a country music concert. We'll see how it goes.

Donna: Glad you could sell some stuff but sorry you couldn't sell out. I am always amazed at the stuff people will buy. There are folks out there with "Ships on a Stick" who've never sailed on Carnival.

Trip: The first day of school is exciting and Lucy looks lovely. I remember when my granddaughter had her first day of school. My daughter and I stalked the school bus all the way to school to make sure she got off and in the school OK. I also showed up for my grandson's first day but that was far easier since he had his sister with him.

I hope everyone has a great long weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Good morning

Sunny and hot today but we will be getting the same cool front as Mike moving through by tomorrow. We had a doozie of a storm come through Friday evening knocking out our power as well as our fence and some flower boxes and uprooting some big trees on our block, kind of looked like a war zone.

Going to my brothers to enjoy the pool and the family cookout.

Mike.... Have a great time, I'm not a country music fan but like Tim McGraw ...easy on my eyes

Trip....little Lucy is really growing up, she a beauty , love her red hair. My sister's always had the same flowing red locks.

Have a safe Labor Day weekend mates!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014