Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Admiral

Default Early Tuesday Morning

Morning Mates, it is only 2:30 am but it is Tuesday, so I figured I'd start the morning thread in case I get too busy later. I do intend to go to aqua fitness this morning, just hoping to get some sleep before then. I have tried for 2 hours but gave up. I hate it when I can't sleep, what do you do when you can't sleep?

donna
Old September 10th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Donna I also have nights when I can't sleep. For me it's not too much of a problem because I'm retired and can always take a nap during the day.
I usually check out things in the computer when I can't sleep.

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 10th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Overcast now, but, the sun is coming out,with humidity in a bit..Donna, I just heard on the weather, that hurricane near Bermuda, will be missing us but heading to NS.....batten down the hatches.

Our garden has been dismantled, but a client of Bruce's gave him a box of his crop..all kinds of goodies,including squash, which we love!

Tonight is oue Diva Dinner, with 25 ladies, all enjoying Chinese food, family style...good friends, good food, good chat,and a bonus is my helper and I get to take home the leftovers!

Donna, try taking a drowsy type antihistimine, works every time for me.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; September 10th, 2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old September 10th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Downtown Colorado Springs, Colorado. It is a nice 56 degrees, with clouds.

Boy what a day I had yesterday. It started off good, with a little bit of breakfast, which for some reason, caused Heartburn. I made a mistake that all to many make, I took a new pain medication without reading the label, or knowing how it will effect me. By the time we were ready to leave I was as high as a kite, and paranoid.

Thanks to American Airlines I made it, as they supplied door to door wheel chair service. By the time we got here, I was still high, and hungry, because I was unable to eat all day. I picked at a piece of chicken, and a piece of bread, and then went to sleep.

The good news is I feel great this morning, but a little apprehensive about eating. I am going to start off slow and small, and work my way up.

Our room is old, but well kept up, but it has two double beds. We have not slept that close together in a long time, but I was in need. Tonight, I will sleep in the other bed.

Today I will get our room organized, and make a list of all the things I didn't pack at the last minute.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 10th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning

First off Donna you should be seeping at 2:30 am not playing on the computer,
Another night you can't sleep?

Hot and humid here today so other watering I'm not leaving the house. They say Friday we will be in the high 60's

Hope all my mates have a great day

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old September 10th, 2013, 10:57 AM
First Mate

Aerogirl, your weather is about like our weather (Illinios and Ohio - duh!). We are extremely hot, humid and miserable until Thursday. Mid 90's today, low 90s tomorrow followed by storms, 80's on Thursday and 60's on Friday. I can't wait until Friday. Love, love, love fall!.

Luanne, I would be happy as a clam if I was in the weather you have. Enjoy the area!

Trip, I hope you enjoy your Diva Dinner. Sounds like lots of fun!

Manuel and RD, I am also a computer surfer when sleep eludes me. I was in that position, night before last. Unfortunately, I am finding this happening more often and my episodes are tied to medications. Ugh, I feel your pain, RD!

DH is working over all week, instead of over one day and early all the rest. A new schedule to get used to, darn! He is having a hard time with it also, as when he goes to work early, it is 3 1/2 hours early and 1/2 hour over; but when he works over, it is 4 hours over. He keeps forgetting what time he needs to be at work. At least, if he forgets and goes to work early, thinking it is four hours early, he is actually 1/2 hour too early to work instead of 1/2 hour late! But, he has messed up a couple of times going into work early and leaving before the 1/2 after regular hours is up!!

Not much else going on, just same old, same old. So, I will leave with a wish for all to have a great day!
Old September 10th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Default Early Tuesday Morning

Good morning. We had a nice, although short, respite from the heat including an overcast this morning. The sun just burned through the marine layer, unfortunately.

Donna, I have too many of those nights, but I take a couple of Tylenols and then go to sleep.

Nothing much going on except meatball soup at Norms and boning up for my driver's license renewal.

Have a good day, all.

Judy