CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Single Friends (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/398790-single-friends.html)

Aerogirl September 16th, 2013 04:45 PM

Single Friends

After a dinner out with a large group of married with children friends and acquaintances I have to say how much I love my two girlfriends who are single and without kids also known as my to cruise partners.

I must be different then most because the only conversation the whole evening was about kids. How can so many intelligent women some who work some are stay home moms have nothing else to talk about. Don't get me wrong my son is the light of my life and my insides but there's so much more to me then a wife and mother. There should be a limit on how much time you can talk about the kids on a girls night out:shock:

Lisa September 17th, 2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1484688)
After a dinner out with a large group of married with children friends and acquaintances I have to say how much I love my two girlfriends who are single and without kids also known as my to cruise partners.

I must be different then most because the only conversation the whole evening was about kids. How can so many intelligent women some who work some are stay home moms have nothing else to talk about. Don't get me wrong my son is the light of my life and my insides but there's so much more to me then a wife and mother. There should be a limit on how much time you can talk about the kids on a girls night out:shock:

Amen!!!! I love my friends but for goodness sake, please limit talk about the kiddies or grandkids to a few minutes. You are MORE than that! You have opinions and experiences to share...just like we do. You are more than just a mom or grandmom. Balance is the rule in life. :D

Aerogirl September 17th, 2013 10:30 AM

Happy to see others feel the same way, I started thinking I was missing something.

Cruznut2 September 17th, 2013 11:11 AM

I went through many years of that. My husband and I never had children together. All of our friends did. I always sat quietly while the other ladies discussed diapers and formula. I always felt left out.
Now that I am older and single I have tried to form groups for single seniors. I always get a large response but when I build them a forum to go to and get to know one another they never show up. My idea was to get to know one another in a forum as we have here. Perhaps friendships would happen and people would be able to room together on cruises.

Laura

Queen of Oakville September 17th, 2013 11:27 AM

Robin, wish you lived here! I could use a girlfriend like you.

Love my kiddos more than life itself, but yes, I am a person outside of being a wife and mother.