Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Default Weary Wednesday Nov. 13

Morning Mates, it's Wednesday and I am feeling the stress and fatigue of the past couple of days. Thank goodness I don't have to do anything or go anywhere today, it is a day of rest....although I do have to get to the unpacking and laundry etc.

Yesterday's trip to the hospital brought good news; James does NOT have any blood clots in his leg, and he was sent home with new antibiotics and stronger painkillers. Now the challenge is to get him to REST. They also gave him a wheelchair for use outside; he is allowed to walk a tiny bit from bed to kitchen, bed to bathroom, but is mostly to rest and elevate the leg.
He is happy now that both pets are home and curled up on the bed with him. I am taking the rest of the week off to nurse him back to health.

At some point today I hope to start loading photos, and maybe get around to writing my review of Royal Princess, I have lots to say!

donna
Old November 13th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

So nice to have you back Donna, the good morning thread isn't the same if your not starting it!

Sit back and just enjoy the babies and being home.
Good news on James.....hope he start feeling better ASAP!

It's almost my turn to start packing... I need to start a pile and get things washed ...need to smell nice and fresh .

Have a great day mates.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Not much changing around here.......weather wise...........

Judy..........hope Keith is home to stay & doing well.......& you are feeling better.......thinking of ya........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon

Old November 13th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

First of all I wish James a quick recovery. And I also hope that Keith and Judy are getting and feeling better.

We are doing fine but today I'm mostly staying home because it's quite windy outside.

TM

Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old November 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM
First Mate

Such a good news today! Keith is home and recuperating from a surgery that went well. RD's James is home recuperating with no blood clot and new (hopefully better) drugs!

I know the knee replacement process is a long one. My mom had one many years ago and just as she was preparing for surgery, my dad was admitted to the hospital. It was a long couple of months!

Mom also had the cellulitus that James is battling. I do not remember any problems with blood clots, however. That must be something I missed or mom never mentioned. I had blood clots before and was not allowed to return home. It was not fun!

Hi LS80! Hope your day is good.

We have a sunny, but cold day in store. Only mid 30's and wind. The snow we got Monday night is still here! Sun yesterday took care of the snow on the roads and sidewalks, but the grass and fields still have snow in them. This is the amount of snow I like. Just a little to pretty things up and not cause too much road problems!

Had a not-so-fun doctor appointment yesterday. It was a follow up on my cervical neck surgery. That is healing well and filling in good. However, my lower back has started to pain me and now we start that whole process of physical therapy, MRI and (ugh) maybe surgery. Already know the arthritis is bad and has done serious damage to the facet joints. Not happy at all!

Hope all have a good day and a great week!
Old November 13th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Default Wery Wednesday

A late good morning to you all. It's gonna be a hot one! 90 in November is hard to believe.

Thank you to everyone thinking about Keith and me.
Keith is on his machines giving me a chance to come here and also gives me a break. I'm still sniffling, sneezing and coughing. Actually, Keith is doing very well and gets around quite a bit with a walker. That appliance he will use for a month. I can't wait for all the rest of it to go back where it came from!

Haimia, best of luck to you with the arthritis battle. I know about it, too well!

Donna, please tell James I wish him well and to give to dog a snuggle for me.

Judy