Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Here We Go Again!

Morning Mates, after a big storm on Sunday, we are expecting another one later today... 15-20cms of snow, followed by ice pellets and rain. Just in time for me to drive home from work in it.
The temp this morning is -16C, windchill of -27C which translates to -16F. Whichever way you look at it, it is COLD!
Despite the cold, I am off to aquafitness this morning to keep the old joints moving. I'm thinking maybe the old joints should be moving to Florida....

donna
Old December 17th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

Donna you mentioned moving the ( old joints ) to Florida. Let me tell you that we moved here a little over two years ago and my wife and I both feel much better. We were experiencing pains in several places such as hip, knee and shoulder and those pains have practically disappeared.

We have a few things to do and places to go as this is always a busy time of the year.

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old December 17th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is a beautiful moonlit morning here west of Minneapolis. A whopping +27F. It's a tropical heat wave.

Today we will be journeying to the airport for Betty's GOES interview. Now she will be able to bypass the Customs and Immigration lines at the airport. I've had mine for about a year. I did my interview, last February, in Warroad, Minnesota while on a fishing trip. The GOES program is great if you travel. The last three times we've come back from Mexico and Europe I just went to the kiosk, answered three or four automated questions and went right through, while Betty stood in line. I had the luggage collected and sat waiting each time. I did her application in August but with traveling and the backlog at MSP she had to wait until today for the interview. Of course it interferes with her women's group, so I'm on the naughty list.

I had a small adventure yesterday. We were on our way into town when a mini-van zipped past us on the local road. The roads still have snow on them and numerous icy spots. We were doing about 45 MPH and she passed us doing between 55 MPH and 60 MPH. Well, sure enough, a mile later here's the mini-van, on its side, in the ditch. We stopped and trudged through thigh deep snow to help the woman inside. She was yelling: "Get me out! It's going to catch fire!" The vehicle was in no danger of catching fire but she was at a 50 to 60 degree angle and could not get the door open. I was able to get the door open and help her out of the car. The problem was that she was about eight inches shorter than I am but weighed about twenty pounds more. My back is still hurting. The woman is just fine. She was "late for work" and thought her All Wheel Drive would keep her from losing traction. A misconception that can kill you. We called the police and they came in just a few minutes and off we went to do our business. People really need to pay attention on icy, winter roads. 4 wheel drive or AWD won't help you once you lose traction.

My sister arrives tomorrow and she, her husband and two furry kids will terrorize us until the New Year. It will be nice to have the dogs running around the house. Tomorrow we also have to take a four hour round trip drive to the funeral of my sister-in-law's Dad. He was 95 and passed away last Friday.

Donna: Don't get snowed in and watch out for the ice. Don't end up like the woman I met yesterday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 17th, 2013, 10:16 AM
First Mate

It is a balmy 21 degrees in NW Ohio. To warm up later this week into the 40's, woo hoo!! However, we have another clipper today to give us yet more snow and wind to blow it all around. Oh Joy!

RD - enjoy the aqua fitness and take care out and about in your weather!

Manuel - gotta love those joint pains!! mine are acting up as I am off RA meds pending a check on the meds for allergic reaction; have another two weeks to see dermatologist! ugh!

Mike M - sometimes people just ask for it; 4wd or awd does not help stupid - slippery roads are just that - slippery~! so nice of you to help her, though

Not much happening around here. Not that I have nothing to do - lots to do just little ambition to do it! Hope all CM have a great day!
Old December 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........

Warming some here........40's for the highs........30's for the lows........might get some white stuff Thursday.......sure hope not........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old December 17th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Here We Go Again

Good morning. I'm off to finish my Christmas shopping in a bit. No meatball soup today.

Have a good day, people, and be careful out there.

Judy