Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning

Morning Mates, it's Tuesday and we had so much sunshine and mild temps yesterday I can see green fields again! I was tempted yesterday to drag out the camp chairs and sit outside, it was that nice!
Today is dawning sunny but it is supposed to rain...a lot. Oh well, more snow gone...
I am off to aquafitness this morning, then some errands, and tonight I am very excited about attending a writers' workshop at our library. The author "in residence" is a well known childrens' book author who I have met once before and I hope to get some ideas from her because that is my next project, writing childrens' books!

donna
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:00 AM
First Mate

My goodness, RollerDonna, you are one busy woman. First you retire, now you are turning into an author. I wish I had your energy!

It is sunny at the moment and 31 degrees F, but to get cloudy, a bit warmer and rain later. Yeah, gloomy, gloomy winter. Gotta love it, not!

Not much happening here. I have PT later today and planning an enchilada casserole for supper. Busy in office at the moment and plan to work on second (and last) client's year-end papers.

Hope all have a good day!
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a typical January day here in Minnesota. We had about 2 inches of snow last night and it is still lightly snowing. I blew the driveway and walkway earlier but the wind is coming out of the north around 30 mph and I know I'll have to blow the drifts a few more times today.

Betty is off to her at her women's group and I'm just going to hang around the house. Yesterday afternoon, we went to see American Hustle. It was a good movie but I may have had my expectations set a little too high and was somewhat disappointed when we walked out. The next movie we are going to see is "Wolf of Wall Street". I have very low expectations for that one so I am come out of the theater feeling a bit better.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........

Temps are 50 right now.........guess it's warming up some eh?????

Not much going on today........a few errands but that's it........

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old January 14th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning

Good morning. Very sunny here and very dry, in the 80's, fire alerts have been extended yet again.

Anybody watch the Gold Globes the other night, or Downton Abbey, or the figure skating championships? Looks like all the drama is in the last one.

Tuesday means meatball soup at Norm's. Yum!

Judy

Old January 14th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach where there has been nothing but rain, rain, rain, so far, today! Despite the lousy weather, I went to the gym and then stopped at Walgreens on the way home. By the way, Walgreens gives active or retired military and their dependents, 15% off of anything in the store on Tuesdays. Sometimes there prices beat the specials in the supermarket. Make it a great day, fellow cruisemates.
Old January 14th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mates

It was a rainy morning for us but now it seems to have ended. I'm not complaining, because we do need some rain in this area.

We did not have any outdoor plans today so it worked out well.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 14th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Good morning all. VERY VERY windy here in my neck of the woods. Temps today will be about 80*. Today is trash day and there are trash containers all over the place. Guess I'd better go and find mine and pick up the rubbish before the truck gets here. Time to batten down the hatches (again). Everyone have a pleasant day.