Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2014, 07:00 PM
Familiar Face

Smile Minerva, Swan Hellenic

Has anyone sailed on board this ship? I am in December 2014; "To Burma And Beyond!" A small ship, set up more like an English manor house I believe? but as it set sail from Colombo, Sri Lanka, stopping at Galle, then on to Burma (Myanma) and a few interesting ports, then on to Malaysia, ending with 2 days in Singapore, all in all an interesting cruise! I would be interested to hear from others who have sailed or are planning to sail with this small cruise line? Lorsin.
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Hi there, although we've not been on Minerva, having travelled on her (temporary) replacement Minerva II which was an ex-Rennaisance ship, we were looking at travelling on Minerva a couple of years back as all the tours are included in the price.

Both the ship and the line seem to have a solid following, which has to be a good comment on the service & experience.

Hope you have an amazing time,

Alan & Kartrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:21 PM
Familiar Face

thanks for your input, I am looking forward to the cruise, have managed to find a cruise share lady, to keep the cost down, My friends, who cannot cruise for at least the next couple of years, are green with envy! Even though one is doing a European river cruise with another friend, and the other is to spend 5 weeks in France, all be it to accompany her daughter and twin grandsons to Avene for medical treatment! We want to sail together again, but not for at least two or three years, but I am sure we will each enjoy our trips and have lot's to talk about after!
Old April 3rd, 2014, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Sounds like your plans are coming together :o) best wishes to all of you & the best of luck to your friend who is receiving treatment, I hope it all goes well.

Alan.

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam