CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Cruise Insurance (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/402993-cruise-insurance.html)

sue July 14th, 2014 06:21 PM

Cruise Insurance

Could someone please direct me to a place to buy insurance? Princess wants a ton of money and I don't know where else to turn? Thanks

nlb1050 July 14th, 2014 06:30 PM

this is one that I use: Travel Insurance Plans, Quotes, Research, Reviews, and Advice ? InsureMyTrip

it gives you a lot of choices

canuckity July 14th, 2014 06:32 PM

Hi Sue. Would your travel agency be able to direct you?

Aerogirl July 14th, 2014 06:57 PM

I agree, insuremytrip.com !

Trip July 14th, 2014 08:06 PM

Sue, since you will be traveling quite a bit, check out On Call International, in NH. We used them and the service was amazing...You can buy a year's time,to iinclude your trips...might average out better.

http://www.oncallinternational.com/

storybookcruises.com July 15th, 2014 01:59 AM

As I stated in your other post on the subject; NEVER purchase the cruise line insurance - it's always cheaper and better policies doing it through independent companies.

Insuremytrip.com is a good tool, but two things to remember; biggest name is not necessarily best policy because it's the their customer service when a claim is filed that determines how good they are. And secondly, best price may not be the best deal.

Talk to your agent as they usually have companies they work with and feel comfortable with.

We use to sell policies from 5 different companies, but fired three of them due to bad customer service for our clients. And they were some of the biggest names in the industry! Now we sell a preferred policy written specifically for our company with wonderful customer service, which is the most important part of the whole process.

Keep in mind that you don't want to buy just any policy because you could be buying travel protection and not travel insurance, and there is a HUGE difference in the two and you definitely do not ever want to get travel protection.

Pete

sue July 15th, 2014 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storybookcruises.com (Post 1504008)
As I stated in your other post on the subject; NEVER purchase the cruise line insurance - it's always cheaper and better policies doing it through independent companies.

Insuremytrip.com is a good tool, but two things to remember; biggest name is not necessarily best policy because it's the their customer service when a claim is filed that determines how good they are. And secondly, best price may not be the best deal.

Talk to your agent as they usually have companies they work with and feel comfortable with.

We use to sell policies from 5 different companies, but fired three of them due to bad customer service for our clients. And they were some of the biggest names in the industry! Now we sell a preferred policy written specifically for our company with wonderful customer service, which is the most important part of the whole process.

Keep in mind that you don't want to buy just any policy because you could be buying travel protection and not travel insurance, and there is a HUGE difference in the two and you definitely do not ever want to get travel protection.

Pete

I remembered you writing it somewhere that's why I opted not to get P Insurance! Thanks you sound like an excellent agent .My agent did not after requesting it find another option for us.

sue July 15th, 2014 06:59 AM

Thanks a bunch for all the excellent info! I shall have an answer soon! Not too happy with my agent I knew through my experience and reading here on CM not to get it through the cruise line. Just not how lol

Trip awesome weather we have here ?

kandajones July 15th, 2014 10:02 AM

Obviously can't offer any suggestions from this side of the pond, but just wanted to say make sure that the insurance covers cruising. A lot of the European insurance won't cover the cost of having to airlift you from a ship to a medical centre, so it's always worth triple checking.

Good luck,
Alan.

Cruznut2 July 15th, 2014 10:08 AM

I always use Allianz. The rates are reasonable and the coverage is great. I never leave home without it!

Laura

CruisinK n J July 15th, 2014 02:49 PM

Cruise Insurance

We've used Travel Guard and CSA.

Judy

storybookcruises.com July 15th, 2014 03:53 PM

Might want to read some information in another post where we were discussing travel insurance; http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all...rotection.html

Pete

sue July 16th, 2014 07:44 AM

I called Insure my trip as some of you suggested and they quoted me over 561$ for my MIL and I think close to 400$ for myself? These are insane prices.

Mike M July 16th, 2014 08:28 AM

Sue:

What's the total cost of your cruise, including flights and hotel?

I priced it out the other day at $7000, for two people, in their 60's, and it comes out to about $380 for two people using Alianz Classic Comprehensive. If the cost of your holiday is higher, or your ages are higher, the insurance will be higher.

Take care,
Mike

sue July 16th, 2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1504120)
Sue:

What's the total cost of your cruise, including flights and hotel?

I priced it out the other day at $7000, for two people, in their 60's, and it comes out to about $380 for two people using Alianz Classic Comprehensive. If the cost of your holiday is higher, or your ages are higher, the insurance will be higher.

Take care,
Mike

Hey don't make me older! lol 52 and 71 cost around 7900$ without airfare so far <booking flights it later next year>Okay I try Alianz :) Thanks