Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old September 5th, 2016, 03:57 AM
Admiral

Default Labor Day

Happy Labor Day

I hope that this is enjoyable for everyone. I remember be a bit sad when I was growing up because after this day we would go back to school.
Of course I enjoyed the long weekend during my working years but the downside was that Summer was practically over.
Now I'm retired and summer will not end for some time in my neck of the woods, I'm happy that my Son and my Daughters get to enjoy this day.

Take it easy and have a great day, everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old September 5th, 2016, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
No hurricane Hermine here,but a cloudy coolish day, with showers later. Even tomorrow she will stir gusty winds...Donna, she may come for you next.

The wedding countdown for my granddaughter begins..Nikki arrives from NC on Wednesday, & Jonathan on Friday from Tennessee. The rehearsal dinner is on Thursday and the BIG day on Saturday...we blinked and the time just flew. She was just my little on not that long ago...

Lots of cleaning and straightening today,make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 5th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Morning All, Happy Labour Day! And yes, we spell it with a "u" up here in Canada, same holiday, different spelling.
Weather continues to be lovely, it will be a great day for tourists while I'm volunteering at the ship today.
Trip, you are right, the storm is heading for us by tomorrow, not as far north as we are, but Halifax and area will be hit. Stay safe everyone!

donna
Old September 5th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good Labor Day morning to everyone.

Manuel: Over 50 years later, I have the same feeling on Labor Day. I still feel like I have to get my Number 2 pencils, Crayola crayons, spiral and three ring notebook ready for school. I've actually had dreams that I was back in school and didn't have my homework or project done. hmmmm. I wonder what a Psychologist would say about that.

It looks like Hermine will dump some rain on the east coast and close some beaches. I hope it's nothing more than that.

Donna: I still spell words like: behaviour, with a "u". My mother was English and that's how I was initially taught. Spell check often catches it but often it slips though. Neither spelling is wrong so the Spelling Police can poo poo off.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day and a wonderful week.

Make sure the kids have their backpacks, school supplies and Ipads ready for tomorrow. Ipads: When did 5th graders get Ipads? In my grandson's and granddaughter's school Ipads are issued to every kid in grades 5 through 12. hmmm. The world has changed.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 5th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

HowD CruiseMates, and Happy Labour Day.

20 or so years ago I played old man's slow pitch softball. Every Labour Day weekend there was a tournament held in various cities, and we'd travel to play in the tournaments. Labour Day is the only holiday, aside from Christmas and Easter, that Canada and the U.S. celebrate the same day. So back then we had teams from both countries.

An old team mate recently pointed out that the tournament still continues, and has fact grown to be quite large. This year's tournament is in Las Vegas, and we checked their web page. Now there are teams playing from all over Canada and the U.S. The only thing is now, to us, those "old guys teams" all look very young

My friend said we should get the old team together to play in it this year. The only problem is we'd need volunteers to help us get off the bus and to the field, and we'd need pinch hitters and pinch runners, and pinch players

We've had a weird weather summer here in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies, with rain and evening thunderstorms from the start of July and continuing. Today feels like fall. Leaves are falling from trees and turning colours.Today temps are going to be in the 50s.

Its created some havoc to my golf games. The only benefit, I've got to spend a lot more time with my granddaughter, Ayla. We added a grandson to the family a couple of weeks ago, when Izzy was born.

Now my daughter in law has taken the kids to the Oakanogan Lake in British Columbia, where her parents have a cabin, and they're staying out there for almost a month. So I'll be missing my Ayla hugs and kisses.

The weather better improve enough for more golf, or as Mrs. Kuki fears, she'll be my new hobby.
Old September 5th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Default Labor Day

Good morning. I awoke in the wee hours feeling the need for an extra blanket, and as I type this, I am wearing a sweater. Maybe those things show subtle changes that the season is beginning to change.

Mike and Kuki, nice to see you posting.

Keith has hurt his back, and I think it's something he's done at the gym. His brother, Wendell, is still hospitalized and is in isolation because of shingles.

It's overcast here but that will burn off. Nothing exciting to report, but maybe that's a good thing.

Have a good holiday, everyone.

Judy
Old September 5th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post

Manuel: Over 50 years later, I have the same feeling on Labor Day. I still feel like I have to get my Number 2 pencils, Crayola crayons, spiral and three ring notebook ready for school. I've actually had dreams that I was back in school and didn't have my homework or project done. hmmmm. I wonder what a Psychologist would say about that.

Mike

I don't know what the Psychologist would say. But the fact is that I have those dreams myself.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old September 5th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Admiral

Default Psychologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
I don't know what the Psychologist would say. But the fact is that I have those dreams myself.

TM

I have a degree in Psychology but have not worked as such since 1999.
A portion of my studies were in dream interpretation .