Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Costa
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Passenger

Default Wait-listed in the diningroom

We are sailing on the Atlantica 4/15, and have been wait-listed for the early dinner seating. We are cruising with our two children, and with the very late time dinner is served at second seating, our cruise could be TRULY disastrous if we are unable to be reassigned to the first seating. Has anyone had any experience with this particular situation? Any words of wisdom, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2001, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Wait-listed in the diningroom

First, ask you t/a to try to get you changed. If not, AS SOON AS YOU EMBARK, go immediately to the Card Room... on Deck #2 (same deck you first entered on). Card room is forward of the atrium lobby, adjacent to the Madame Butterfly Lounge, on the Starboard (right) side. You'll find the Maitre d's waiting there. Explain what you need and hopefully they will be able to get you changed into the Early seating. They may be able to do this starting with Sunday dinner... or they may ask that you do the first night in late... and they'll change you the next day. Actually, changing FROM Late TO Early shouldn't be too much of a problem, as late is far and away the more popular (for those without children, at least).

First, though, ask your t/a to give it a try.

Ernie
Old March 17th, 2001, 09:04 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the info Earnie! My TA is working on it - no luck so far, but he hasn't given up. I had another TA tell me that if I tipped the Maitre 'd around $20, chances are he would move us. Quite frankly, it would be well worth it to me, if that's what it takes! Any thoughts on that?
Old March 17th, 2001, 04:48 PM
Admiral

A $20 bill in the hands of a Maitre 'd, on land OR at sea, never hurt anyone!

Ernie
Old March 26th, 2001, 01:15 AM
elizabeth tough

I faxed directly to Costa Cruise Lines in USA as we also must have early sitting due to medication. The week you are going is not a general school break I do not believe. Costa advised me that each week as the cruise ship leaved, they then started the list for the following week.

With the fax we received an immediate reply. Ask for a table on the second level of the dining room. Smaller area, maybe 2-3 tables across instead of 12-15 on the main level. First seating, second level. Table 281 is centre back ship for sunsets every evening ABSOLUTELY THE BEST LOCATION.

Hope you fare well.

elizabeth
Old March 26th, 2001, 01:34 AM
elizabeth tough

I faxed directly to Costa Cruise Lines in USA as we also must have early sitting due to medication. The week you are going is not a general school break I do not believe. Costa advised me that each week as the cruise ship leaved, they then started the list for the following week.

With the fax we received an immediate reply. Ask for a table on the second level of the dining room. Smaller area, maybe 2-3 tables across instead of 12-15 on the main level. First seating, second level. Table 281 is centre back ship for sunsets every evening ABSOLUTELY THE BEST LOCATION.

Hope you fare well.

elizabeth