Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Beginner

Default Looking for a job on a cruise ship

what are the odds of getting a job on a cruise ship? and what jobs would be available for a 19 year old with some video production training and computer training with no degree? Thanks

Edit: I was thinking photographer. I was reading the job description but I still dont understand it very well. This is what i got from it. I walk around the deck and take pic's of people and take pic's of the parties. Is that it? How much is the pay?
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2008, 02:54 AM
david30101

from my experance as a passenger, there are cameras everywhere, from the moment you leave the terminal till the moment you leave in differnt ports, formal nights, around deck during day, dinner in dining rooms. private and captains parties, etc. They even go ashore in differnt ports to take pics on shore excurions along with video taping as well. They use High end digital cameras and video cameras and the film is processed and placed on a display after each day to be sold. Not sure about the pay, but im sure its not as great as in other places ashore, but your in a clean enviroment and im sure you get more free times then other crew members. Somebody with that job description will chime in, im sure..I was looking for a particular answer from the same in another post. Good Luck. (not a job though)