CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Crewmembers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/crewmembers/)
-   -   Rccl pre-screen interview (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/crewmembers/372966-rccl-pre-screen-interview.html)

bluebeach April 2nd, 2010 09:34 AM

Rccl pre-screen interview

Hello everybody,

I've posted my resume on the official recruitment website of the Royal Caribbean Cruise line.

I've been called for a pre-screening Interview via skype for the post of Guest Services Officer.

I need your help so as to be more prepared for the interview. Do you have any idea on the questions asked during a cruise line pre-screen interview?

Thanks in advance for your help...

I'm very excited to join the RCCL crew onboard, that's my dream job.

:)

Donna April 2nd, 2010 10:13 AM

Hi BB,
You may get some helpful information by posting this in the "Crewmembers" section here at Cruisemates:

Crewmembers

Wishing you the best of luck on this interview, please let us know what some of the questions were and how it went..

bluebeach April 2nd, 2010 10:20 AM

thanks a lot Donna. Yea I will let you know... kiss

felix_the_cat April 2nd, 2010 11:19 AM

I have nothing that would help you but I do want to wish you good luck.

bluebeach April 2nd, 2010 11:24 AM

thanks a lot for your wishes felix the cat... God bless

Queen of Diamonds April 2nd, 2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebeach (Post 1283792)
Hello everybody,

I've posted my resume on the official recruitment website of the Royal Caribbean Cruise line.

I've been called for a pre-screening Interview via skype for the post of Guest Services Officer.

I need your help so as to be more prepared for the interview. Do you have any idea on the questions asked during a cruise line pre-screen interview?

Thanks in advance for your help...

I'm very excited to join the RCCL crew onboard, that's my dream job.

:)

Never been on an interview so I don't know for sure but if I were making an educated guess, having been a guest of RCCL several times, they will most likely ask you what qualities you possess that would make you a good Guest Services Officer. I can tell you from what I have seen of them at work that they need an unlimited supply of patience to deal with people with problems,and we all know that people with problems do not always behave at their best- a boundless supply of energy, since you will be working very long hours, and a sense of humor combined with warmth and approachability.
Sometimes people in Customer Service professions are simply not able to give us the answer we want, but the ability to empathize and appear concerned are priceless.
I just had an encounter with someone who was not able to give me what I wanted, but made all the right noises while doing it, so I did feel that he understood my point of view, and we parted on good terms...:)

venice April 2nd, 2010 04:41 PM

first, good luck..and if you gain the position, let us know what ship you will be on so we can schedule a CruiseMate group cruise so you can take care of us :rofl:

general advise..there must have been something in your resume that caught the attention of the HR department to schedule this 1st step of screening(they must receive many resumes)..one of the first questions might be along the lines of why did you apply for this position (or what can you bring to the position)

it might help us help to help you by giving us some of your background in interacting with the general public and with the wealth of experience cruisers we might be able to help you get ready

Snoozeman April 2nd, 2010 05:25 PM

Good Luck! Let us know how you think it went. Then tell us what questions they did ask!

Corina February 26th, 2013 03:08 PM

FINAL INTERVIEW on 28.02.2013

Hello everybody, I support the final interview in two days.I have great emotions!Of those who passed the interview, who can help me with advice?How is this interview? It takes more than 30 minutes?Please help me with these answers!:roll:Thank you so much!

Loulou11 October 1st, 2014 05:16 PM

Hello, was any of you successful? I have a Skype interview for rccl at short notice. What sort of questions do they ask and how long is the interview?