Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers
Register Forgot Password?

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Need Help urgently

This is urgent and I need help that's why i create A new thread,and I'm sorry.

I 'm in a very bad situation here ,I just got a work contract at a cruise ship.I should start in octomber or november ,the problem is this. I overstayed my visa in Spain ,before two days a letter came that I've been banned from entering Spain and Schengen zone for 4 years.
What will happen if I start the job ?! The cruise ship embarks on Miami and then goes for a trip in Europe will I be aloud to just transit through the national waters of a Schengen country or will I be arrested or maybe questioned and then fired from the Company,does it make a difference that I'm working on the cruise and not just a ordinary passenger , i got a U.S visa and work permit from the Royal Caribbean so it's all legal.
Before you judge try to understand that I didn't know (still don't) this Schengen area zone and their restrictions well and i though it will be Ok to stay for a couple of months more as a TOURIST.
The interviewer of the embassy and the company who hired me never asked about me having a issue with immigration at Schengen.
Hope to hear from anyone soon.
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:26 PM
First Mate

I'd contact your hiring partner or cruise line as soon as possible.

I know from experience that if a crew member doesn't a Schnegen visa, they don't get off the ship in that port (their id is blocked at the gangway). Not sure what the deal is if you're banned as every port a ship goes to daily has immigration officers who come onboard and check the pax and crew lists.

It will best to be honest and upfront . .