Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 28th, 2015, 04:50 AM
dheeke dheeke is offline
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Default Will company assist with travel expenses?

I received an assignment from RCCL and the cost for me to fly to the departure port of Galveston would be less than $200 so I booked the flight but they just asked me via email if I could go to Barcelona instead a little sooner. A flight to there is just over $2000 one way, and I'm not sure I can come up with the cash on short notice. Do they have options to get crew members there? I asked in an email but have received no response yet
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old August 28th, 2015, 08:50 AM
SA15 SA15 is offline
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 18
Default

Hi Dheeke,

How long take you to get ship assignment from RCCL once they had you offer letter. I am still waiting( Gap pool) just wondering.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 28th, 2015, 09:00 AM
user999's Avatar
user999 user999 is offline
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zagreb
Posts: 99
Default

Say no & wait for their response. I never heard RCCL asks of unemployed to come up with $2.000 for an airfare ...
__________________
Cruise Ship Jobs Forum
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 28th, 2015, 04:03 PM
hellcine's Avatar
hellcine hellcine is offline
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 81
Default

since the asked you, you can negotiane.
tell then that you dont have the many to do so. If they pay the expense you are good.
DONT DEMAND IT. just say that you can afford it and you really need the money (in case they offer to pay and then keep it from your money).

I know situations that employes pay nothing for travels first contract. e.g. i have a friend, 1st contract THEY flight him to Australia.

Rccl is very short on people. Its the best time to ask things. And with the new 2 ships around the corner is even more difficult to find people to stay.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 29th, 2015, 03:29 AM
dheeke dheeke is offline
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA15 View Post
Hi Dheeke,

How long take you to get ship assignment from RCCL once they had you offer letter. I am still waiting( Gap pool) just wondering.
Thanks
It was about three weeks from getting an approval to getting an assignment but I'm also in food and beverage which I hear is in high demand
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 29th, 2015, 03:29 AM
dheeke dheeke is offline
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcine View Post
since the asked you, you can negotiane.
tell then that you dont have the many to do so. If they pay the expense you are good.
DONT DEMAND IT. just say that you can afford it and you really need the money (in case they offer to pay and then keep it from your money).

I know situations that employes pay nothing for travels first contract. e.g. i have a friend, 1st contract THEY flight him to Australia.

Rccl is very short on people. Its the best time to ask things. And with the new 2 ships around the corner is even more difficult to find people to stay.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 29th, 2015, 04:21 AM
taoist taoist is offline
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 182
Default

Like user 999 said, I never heard of RCCL asking crew to pay for flight, but maybe times changed as I not worked for them for a while.

Is the person you are speaking to asking you to buy your own flight, or to pay them fore the flight?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 29th, 2015, 03:29 PM
hellcine's Avatar
hellcine hellcine is offline
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 81
Default

Unfortunately on the first contract expenses are yours. Except 3 stripe and above and if they are in rush. e.g. Waiters are paying their return ticket on each contract....sucks....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 30th, 2015, 06:17 AM
SA15 SA15 is offline
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 18
Default Entertainment Staff *

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheeke View Post
It was about three weeks from getting an approval to getting an assignment but I'm also in food and beverage which I hear is in high demand

Thanks dheeke,

I am with Entertainment Staff *so real waiting game. Wish you all the best.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRAVEL EXPENSES : INFORMATIONS?? Senna Crewmembers 4 January 15th, 2008 10:45 AM
self assist on disembarkation WATERBABY Carnival Cruise Lines 20 January 6th, 2008 08:21 AM
Miami self-assist question... beenie weenie Carnival Cruise Lines 3 August 29th, 2007 06:53 PM
Self-Assist Debarkation OzzyMom Carnival Cruise Lines 7 June 11th, 2007 10:28 AM
Self Assist on Disembarkment versity First-Time Cruisers 4 May 1st, 2007 11:56 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 AM.
design by: Themes by Design