Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Beginner

Default Coffee in Cabin?

Hi all,
Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean- Radiance of the Seas have coffee makers in the cabins as hotels do? Just curious as I always look forward to coffee first thing in the mornings!
Thanks, Brenda

[img]/countdown.php?month=08&year=2006&day=19&hour=16:00[/img]
Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas, Alaska Inside Passage
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

None of the ships have coffee makers in the cabin, fire hazard and all, but you can order room service coffee anytime. There is a little card you can put out on your door the night before with your order and what time you want it delivered (you can order a full breakfast this way too) or you can just call when you wake up. That's what I always did, since I didn't know what time I would be waking up. It's usually there in about five minutes. Just tip the delivery person $1.00, a little more if you are ordering food too. I loved having my coffee delivered every morning. If you both drink more than a cup in the morning, make sure you order the large pot.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

But wouldn't be great if they did have small coffee makers in the cabin. I am a coffee drinker and boy I am particfular about my coffee. On the Glory last month I had to complain about the weak lukewarm so called coffee that was delivered each day. Now the first night it was okay but later as the week went on it was worse and worse. No matter how much I complained nothing changed. But anyhew we did enjoy our vacation on that beautiful ship.

Old October 23rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Actually I think I have to correct myself, because I have read that one line (maybe NCL?, can't remember) does have small coffee makers in the cabins. Personally, I love ordering that free room service, it makes me feel more pampered than making my own coffee!
Old October 23rd, 2006, 06:10 PM
First Mate

Default Coffee in Cabin?

Having room service bring your morning coffee also makes for a good alarm clock.

crabbie1
Old October 29th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Coming from the Seattle area, coffee is a vital fluid for survival. I have been known to pack a 4-cup coffee maker, grinder, and a pound of my favorite beans from my local roaster. Nothing smells better than fresh-ground, freshly brewed coffee in the morning. And the cruise line room service coffee isn't even close. It's not terrible, but not fresh ground either.

Because of packing constraints, I don't pack it anymore. And RCI has upped the anti with their espresso bars (Cafe Promenade or Lattetudes). Now I slip out of the cabin and pick up 2 lattes for a wakeup. Of course, there isn't really much needed to wake one up in the Caribbean, now is there...
Old October 30th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

RCcoop, I can smell the aroma now. I think on my next cruise I will follow your league. I see we both no the power of fresh ground coffee in the morning. I was sooooooooo aggrivated with the coffee I ordered during room service. It was mostly week and lukewarm, yuk. Sometimes I would get a decent cup in the dining roms. But I know my coffee and they couldn't come close to minds.
For coffeelovers that is enough to snap. I did a few times but what can I do. I was not going to let this bother me to a point where it dampered my vacation. Like I said, I will follow RCscoop league.

San Coffeelover