Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Cuisine
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Cuisine Recipes or cruise food and drinks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2009, 07:30 AM
Beginner

Default food of mexico

Cooking is a very creative job, you can approach a paritcular food in your own manner and provide it a different taste. Rather if you want to try other dishes go ahead. In fact children will be pleased as well as be surprised if their daily menu is changed by the addition of a foreign dish for insatnce a mexican dish. This idea will definitely work provided who should cook the food in the right manner and reproduce it in the desired form.
Mexican food is easy to cook if you are intrested in cooking . you can eat mexiacn food outside too because many restruants are providing this special treat to their cutomers. ****** one just fine example of those tourists spot resturants which provide authentic mexiacn food to their customers. In this manner you can enjoy a mexican food in its full swing and later try this at your home.
A typical traditional as well as modern classic mexican dish is charcterised with many features. The most common feature of a mexiacn dish is its intense flavour. Thus intense flavour is the part and parcel of traditional mexican food which grab or attract more and more people to enjoy this unique tasty food. The type of flavouring demarkcates a good and a bad food. Thus flavouring is one of the vital factors in any dish including the mexican one.
Another imporatnt feature of a mexican dish is its colourful presentation. Presentation is yet another imporatnt factor that attracts one to a food. There are different ways in presenting a food, but mexican food stands out among the others for its exquisite colourful presenation, that in fact attract us to eat and enjoy the food as a whole.

Last edited by Mike M; December 21st, 2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Edited by Moderator to remove Commercial Link
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Admiral

I make a really good chili verde it takes 4 hours; but it's really good. The sauce base has 4 different types of peppers (pasilla/poblano; anaheim/big jim; jalapeno, and serranos), garlic, and tomalitos. The pasilla/poblano; anaheim/big jim; garlic and tomalitos are all roasted before being blended into the sauce. I have to peel the peppers after roasting.

I took three different recipes merged them and added a secret ingredient. It also uses a roux maded with masa harina (corn flour) to thicken. I should really write it down so I can make it again.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady View Post
I make a really good chili verde it takes 4 hours; but it's really good. The sauce base has 4 different types of peppers (pasilla/poblano; anaheim/big jim; jalapeno, and serranos), garlic, and tomalitos. The pasilla/poblano; anaheim/big jim; garlic and tomalitos are all roasted before being blended into the sauce. I have to peel the peppers after roasting.

I took three different recipes merged them and added a secret ingredient. It also uses a roux maded with masa harina (corn flour) to thicken. I should really write it down so I can make it again.
Katlady you are making me crave Mexican!

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total
Old March 22nd, 2010, 04:18 PM
First Mate

We are experimenting with mole sauces. We've been buying them rather than making them because, as you may know, mole sauces are very labor and ingredient-intensive. Daunting for even us serious cooks. Adding mole sauces to dishes such as enchiladas and burritos has really kicked our Mexincan dishes up a notch (apologies to Emeril).
Old May 19th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Patricia Quintana is like the Julia Child of Mexico. I have all of her cookbooks. So far every recipe that we have tried to cook has turned out to be excellent. I highly recommend her cook books. My 2 favorites of her editions are:

"A Taste of Mexico"
"Cuisine of the Watergods" (This one is all about Mexican seafood preparations. Her "Vallarta Fish" recipe is by far the best seafood recipe I've ever tasted anywhere.)
Old May 19th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

This is a bot, Mike. Might as well delete it all.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old May 20th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman View Post
This is a bot, Mike. Might as well delete it all.
What is a bot? Are you saying the originial poster was a spammer?
I decided to put two posts together. Here is a mole sauce recipe from Patricia Quintana. enjoy! Wow that is a complex recipe. It makes my Chili Verde look easy. Here in California I can get all these ingredients from the locate grocery store.:-D I'm growing Tomallios and Tomatoes. Mulatos and anchos are both dried forms of a poblano pepper.
Puebla Style Mole : Recipes - GourmetSleuth

Ingredients

2 cups (up to 3 cups) lard
2 1/2 white onions, halved
1 white onion roasted and coarsely chopped
8 cloves garlic, whole, plus
1 head garlic, roasted and peeled
3 tomatoes, roasted
10 Tomatillos, roasted
3/4 cup sesame seeds
3/4 cup raw almonds
3/4 cup raw peanuts