Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2002, 08:53 PM
Yeoman

Default buying cold weather gear in ship store??

can a seasoned alaskan cruiser tell me if cold weather gear (warmer coats, gloves, hats) be bought in the ship stores? i want to pack lite and if i really do need something i want to know if it is possible to buy as needed. i am from the midwest and used to the cold, windy weather. im sure they sell everything you can imagine but want to make sure. i will be on the carnival spirit the week of sept 10, 2003. also do you remember if they are expensive or do they have sales. thanks alot dusty
Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2002, 09:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: buying cold weather gear in ship store??

Hi Dusty,
Yes, you are sure to find what you need onboard, but it does come with a price. I'd take what you have and if you see something you just have to have, then buy it, otherwise you will pay a good sum for anything while up there, in the stores too. We didn't take our normal "heavy" winter jackets, just more t-shirts/sweat shirts and then lined windbreaker jackets that are not so bulky. The trick in Alaska is to layer your clothing, the AM's can start out cold, but by afternoon may warm up and also expect some rain along the way, a rain poncho is a good idea to pack, but we noticed that almost every store up there was selling them for $10.00. Also gloves and hats are good to pack as well.

Enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator