Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Default i found my "island night" outfit!!!

We were shopping the outlets in Kittery, ME- wandered into the Liz Claiborne outlet and hit pay dirt.! I found a beautiful turquoise tropical water colored floral sheer skirt w/ a turquoise underlay, matching turquoise sleeveless sweater with a scalloped hem, and a pair of shorts- just because for $40.00! yipee!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: i found my "island night" outfit!!!

I found a neat site for island wear for us girls. It's monkeibusiness.com
Cheap prices - dresses for $10.00!

Old July 17th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: i found my "island night" outfit!!!

what is the quality like in those dresses from monkeibusiness? they are really pretty and colorful.
Old July 18th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Admiral

Lisa, thanks for the reminder about Kittery. I think I will head up there this weekend.
Old July 19th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

The dresses at monkeibusiness are beautiful and shipping is very reasonable. I would be interested to know if anyone has ever ordered from them too.

Celebration--Bahamas

I belive in unicorns, dragons, good men and all mythical creatures.
Old July 21st, 2003, 12:54 PM
SSinCT

Hi - is a long floral assymetrical floaty dress too much for tropical night? I also have a short silk dress with a bright pattern and stylized suns on it or a muu muu which does nothing for my figure! I lost 35 lbs for my 40th so I want to show it off....Any ideas gals?

Sharon
Old July 21st, 2003, 01:16 PM
Admiral

Sharon- I would wear the short silk patterned dress for island night its a casual dress night. Save the floaty asymetrical dress for formal night. They both sound beautiful.
Old July 21st, 2003, 09:58 PM
SSinCT

Default Re: Re: Re: i found my "island night" outfit!!!

Thanks Lisa - here's the big debate....

I have just bought on a whim a shorter column styled black straight Lauren dress with a tuxedo satin criss cross halter effect in the front and so the straps are straight in the back. Material is a black rayon and very straight!

I also bought on a whim a halter dress (my first ever) that has sheer black rayon material over a black lining. Dress is beaded with flat black beads and pearl black beads - very sophisticated ... has a V hemline in front and back.

Then I already had bought a black/white V neck dress with paisly pattern and black lace trim (for an Empire effect) and around bottom of dress with a black silk shawl.

There are only so many formal/semi-formal nights! Help - what would you bring. And the floaty dress looks nice too! I am celebrating my 40th onboard. I don't want to overpack, but and my husband is being grumpy about getting dressed up at all (so no Tux - just a really nice new expensive Navy pinstripe suit). Disney has 1 formal night, 1 semi formal, 1 tropical night, and at least 1 night for it's slightly dressier restaurant, 1 night for ME on my Birthday. I had planned on certain dresses, then I loss more weight then planned and got back into silk dress from my honeymoon which still looks new and most of the dresses I had from before I had surgery and gained weight are now too big and do nothing. So I went shopping! Help!
Old July 23rd, 2003, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: i found my "island night" outfit!!

Well, i gues you do have a bit of a "problem"on your hands. All those dresses sound beautiful, imo i would wear the black beaded dress for formal night, and maybe the halter style dress for your birthday at the "alternative" restaurant. Throw in some color to your cruise wardrobe, don't go all black if you can help it. Those dresses sound very classy i am sure you will get a lot of wear out of them back home. PS. Hubby will be looking very dapper in his navy pinstripe suit.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was in the back of my closet this AM and found 3 dresses (2 muumuu and 1 caftan) that I got in Hawaii a few years ago. Are these appropriate for a tropical island night. Can't get much more islandy than Waikiki. By the way, we are on the Adventure of the Seas in Oct. Do they do this type of night or any other theme night that you may know of. Thanks to all of you
Old August 6th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Yeoman

I think if you are going to Caribbean, you could wear an island-style dress at any time. It is very appropriate and gets everyone in the mood that you are in the tropics, visiting some wonderful Caribbean islands.

Don't save these outfits just for "Island Night". Wear them even during the day.

I' ve been buying up all the short-island style dresses I find (on sale, of course) and plan to take them on my cruises, even wearing one when we arrive.

Why not get in the mood as soon as we step on the ship! Happy Cruising!
Old September 4th, 2003, 03:05 PM
costar

Hi,
I can't find monkei business.com thru google.
Old September 5th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Admiral

you don't have to go through a search engine to log onto monkeibusiness. type in the URL as www.monkeibusiness.com and it should take you right to the site.
Old September 20th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Passenger

Too Funny!!!! After reading the posts about Monkeibusiness.com, I went to the site and realized it is in the same town I live in, Palm Harbor Florida. I have never seen or heard of their products, but if you want some really neat cruisewear go to Dillards.com. Look at their Weekend Traffic line, or Pussers. Burdines.com has their line called Caribbean Joe.
Old October 8th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Padme_Amidala_Skywalker
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: i found my "island night" outfit!!

Sounds like you need to book a couple more cruises to wear all that. It is really your decision what you wear. Everything sounds great .