CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   A question for Ladies (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/294275-question-ladies.html)

Jilles March 13th, 2004 07:17 PM

A question for Ladies

Just wondering how many swimsuits you would take for 7 days?

Donna March 13th, 2004 08:21 PM

Re: A question for Ladies

Hi Jilles,
Last cruise I packed 4, only wore 3...

NICKI61 March 13th, 2004 10:31 PM

I took 2 and wore 2.

Nicki

Darcy March 14th, 2004 10:33 AM

I would take at least 2, 3 if you have 3. On my last trip I took three and the top on one broke the first day so I was glad I had the other 2!

Darcy

CathyM March 14th, 2004 03:02 PM

At least two so while one is drying out, you can wear the other one. Don't forget the coverup, you are not allowed in the dining or buffet rooms in a bathing suit.

LisaK March 15th, 2004 01:47 PM

Emeandmommie March 15th, 2004 03:11 PM

I take as many as I can wear! It is your vacation and you do what you want! I usually take 5 for a 7 day cruise so some can dry out or for accidents! I think I take 5 for my daughter too! I recomand taking a travel size thing of laundry detergent if you want to wash them out in the sink. You can really take what you want! We always do!

CALCH March 15th, 2004 05:49 PM

I like to take 3-4, plus a cover up

jablock March 16th, 2004 08:27 AM

Re: Re: A question for Ladies

also 3-4 and a cover-up or two...I usually favor 2 out of the three suits I bring. I love the tankini's that cover everything , the ones with the skort bottoms are even better..I will live in them on the boat. Have a great time.....Janet

Donna March 16th, 2004 03:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: A question for Ladies

I also just buy the tankini's now, they are just very comfortable and easy fitting. Instead of a cover-up, I just go up to the pool with a pair of jean shorts over the suit, works fine and I can also go into eat like that.

jlynd53 March 16th, 2004 03:54 PM

2 suits and a coverup. I used to take 3 but I always seem to end up in my 2 favorites. I am also a fan of the skirted tankinis!

rwmcam March 17th, 2004 06:48 PM

I plan to bring at least 2, this way one can be drying while I am wearing the other one.
Cheryl

bonnie corns March 19th, 2004 01:29 AM

For 7 days I would take 4 suits. Always nice to change suits, especially if lots of pictures are being taken, don't want to look like you are wearing the same thing every day by the pool.

As for a cover up, I found the best to be a wrap skirt.

Have a great cruise.

44 days till next cruise

basketballmom March 24th, 2004 11:19 AM

Two suits - Tankini's are great. Especially if you go to a store where you can buy the tops and bottoms separately. Mix and match two suits to get 4 suits over the trip!

SAndrea91483 March 25th, 2004 09:50 AM

I took 2 so that I could alternate which one I wore. I'd wear one, hang it out to dry during the next day and wear the other one in the meantime. For this reason it is good to take more than one.

Candi April 1st, 2004 10:16 PM

I have in the past taken 7 bathing suits (one for each day) and think I wore them all but one. I just love to swim, snorkel, scuba dive, and anything else pool or beach related. I think this time I'll only take 4. I figure, they're not that much material or weight, so why not take every single one that I like?

~Can't-Wait-to-Cruise Candi

tsetse71 April 2nd, 2004 06:35 PM

As many as you have...they don't take up much room...it is always nice to have a dry suit to put on....my problem is shoes!!!!! I always take too many and they take up some space in the luggage!!! LOL

Tweety April 3rd, 2004 07:39 AM

7 days I take 2, if more than 7 usually 3. Just wear shorts over the suit instead of a cover up.

Join us for the Glorious Victorious Thanksgiving Cruisemates Cruise on November 21, 2004. Great rates and lots of fun! Click on the link for all the details.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ictory2004.cfm

Sue Sue April 4th, 2004 03:51 PM

One suit for sunbathing on the ship which does not get wet; Another for Scuba which does get wet (Plus then my skin and all of the other SCUBA stuff). Sue Sue

Confused in Oregon April 5th, 2004 04:41 PM

Wow, I only take ONE suit!!! I find that if I hang it on a towel bar or hook in the bathroom that it dries overnight. Guess I'm turning into a frugal packer - or maybe I just want more room for SHOES :) Instead of a real coverup, I too wear a pair of elastic waist, cotton knit shorts and a t-shirt. That's fine for going in to lunch. Again I wear the same pair day after day. I'm not in them enough that they get dirty. When I worked in the corporate world, I realized that I couldn't remember what my coworkers had worn the day before, so it was unlikely that they would notice me either. I TRY to remember that when I'm packing.

Mermaid April 6th, 2004 06:52 AM

Sue Sue I hear ya. I bring one older simple suit for diving. And the newest one is for catching rays. I LOVE the Tankinis! They are great for shoreX where you are planning to get wet. Wear the suit under shorts and shirt off the ship. After your swim, it's easy to change out of the wet bottoms, throw your shorts back on and go.