Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Joannie

Default Rolling My Clothes?

I saw some posts earlier about "rolling" your clothes before you put them in your suitcase. Can anyone tell me why? Does it keep from getting wrinkled? I don't want to have to iron on my cruise but i'm bringing so much cotten/linen/silk. Is there a trick?
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Rolling My Clothes?

I always bring one garment bag to hang dress clothes in. I use plastic drycleaning bags over them (clothes and hanger) works like a charm to prevent wrinkles.

Margie
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Passenger

I have always rolled my clothes in my luggage. It isn't fool-proof for wrinkles, but I have never found that crease going across the front of my t-shirt very attractive. That is what I am trying to get away from. By rolling instead of folding you can be assurred there isn't a crease from the other clothing in the suitcase that got squished together.
Just my take on it!
Janelle

Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:07 PM
hbgdavid

i learned from a military guy to roll my clothes. it has a way of pressing out the wrinkles and conserving space. lay the clothes out longways, just like dough, fold in any hanging out stuff so you have a uniform width, and roll them tightly up. I sealed stuff in those vacuum bags and it was great. i didn't iron one thing on any trip. In the tropics, there's a lot of humidity and that helps with any little wrinkles.