CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   Clothes for Keywest, Cozumel, and the ship (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/294289-clothes-keywest-cozumel-ship.html)

cruzin4abruzin March 18th, 2004 07:01 PM

Clothes for Keywest, Cozumel, and the ship

Hi All,

We are traveling to on the Imagination on a four day cruise on March 25th. My wife wants to pack tank tops for the boys to wear while in Key West and Cozumel. I myslef have laid out smart outfits with a layered look for dinner and while on land.

Can anyone tell me if it will be to warm for pants colored shirts and a polo shirts while in Key West and Cozumel this time of year? Will I need a light jacket on the ship at night time?

Also, will my boys be cold in tank tops?

I asume I will be okay on the ship.

Thanks!
Dana

Donna March 18th, 2004 09:12 PM

Re: Clothes for Keywest, Cozumel, and the ship

Hi Dana,
During the days the tank tops should be fine, it will be warm, don't forget to pack the sunscreen too. The evenings can be chilly if its especially windy out on deck and also sometimes the dining room can be chilly, so may-be some long sleeve shirts for dinner. I always pack a sweater too, just in case I'm chilly in the dining room or outside after the sun has set.

jamiegunter March 19th, 2004 09:49 AM

It should be warm, we sailed in Feb last year to cozumel and we were hot! My friends are sailing on the same ship and date as you. We did the Imagination two years ago and had a blast, hope your cruise is wonderful:)

LisaK March 19th, 2004 12:30 PM

Dana during the day you might be too hot in pants and a shirt. Shorts are the order of the day. I always pack 50/50 tanks & t-shirts(jerseys) for the day. For the evenings nice pants and a polo type jersey would be fine for you and the boys. I would pack a lightweight sweater or jacket - it can get cool on deck at night when that sea breeze kicks in.

alison1170 March 25th, 2004 07:18 AM

Think hot and humid! Key West and Cozumel are very laid back. Shorts and tees are fine. Second a light jacket for night on the ship. The dining room and decks can get cool (especially if sunburned).

Alison

several on American Hawaii, Carnival, Holland America, Princess
12/02 Enchantment
12/03 Navigator
12/04 Mariner

yellowbus March 31st, 2004 04:56 PM

Just got back March 22,2004
You will not want to come home.
Weather is SUMMER there
You will enjoy it
tanks & shorts the right clothes to wear
Have fun and do you need a sitter?
LOL

minpa April 15th, 2004 06:52 AM

I did not realize this until recently but www.weather.com gives up to 10 day forcasts for places outside the US (example: Belize, Nassau, Cozumel, and of course Key West). Just type in the city name and you will get a list to select from. Gives you current weather as well as 10 days.

Hope this helped.