CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   Wrinkles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/294754-wrinkles.html)

Seasick August 2nd, 2005 07:22 AM

Wrinkles

In your opinion which "wrinkle release" type product works the best.. Downey, Faultless or the brand that is sold on some of the travel store sites (not sure of the name). Does any of it work on cotton?

Thanks

CA Cruiser August 2nd, 2005 09:01 AM

Re: Wrinkles

Downey Wrinkle Releaser works great and is probably the least expensive. I have used it on all types of materials but you should use it a few hours before you plan on wearing the item because it will be wet. I try and use it as I unpack the first day. I have found it in the laundry dept of Target and WalMart.

gerif August 2nd, 2005 02:01 PM

I prefer Faultless as it's an aerosol spray rather than a pump (finer mist). It is also sold in a travel size can. Works great on cotton, just cannot be used on silk.

hazelson August 2nd, 2005 10:06 PM

They don't work at all - every night I spray that stuff on and every morning I look in the mirror and the wrinkles are still there - better get back to my Avon Lady soon lol. I actually found the stuff works ok - but I didn't care for the smell it left on clothes. TTFN Jennifer

mazeke August 3rd, 2005 06:29 AM

I'm not sure if there is a Dollar General store where you live but I use their brand of wrinkle release. It costs $1.50 for 33 ounces and it is the cheapest I have found and works very well.

clem August 5th, 2005 06:15 PM

Pack your individual blouses and dresses in dry cleaning bags...very few, if any wrinkles!

momx4 August 5th, 2005 07:24 PM

why not bring a hand held clothes steamer? they work great and are safe on ships.
Got one at walmat for $30.00 love it.

Will August 5th, 2005 08:26 PM

Bought a Walmart iron,spray starch,and extension cord for under ten bucks total.

Clerky96 August 6th, 2005 11:58 AM

I was told that you couldn't bring an iron onto the ship because of the potential fire hazard. Anyone know if this is true?

CA Cruiser August 6th, 2005 12:49 PM

Yes it's true. Carnival offers self service laundry on their ships but RCI does not.

momx4 August 8th, 2005 06:21 AM

irons are not allowed, but hand held clothes steamers are ok. bring mine all the time.

alison1170 August 11th, 2005 04:03 PM

Youre not supposed to have a steamer either, but I did bring one until I discovered Downy Wrinkle Release. Works great, unless you like the really neat pressed look. I never noticed the smell once it dried.

alison

TBug September 8th, 2005 04:10 PM

Jennifer, you crack me up!! WOTF!

LisaK September 9th, 2005 11:03 AM

hang your outfit in the shower and turn on the hot water, the steam from the shower works just as well as the steamer and the de-wrinkle products. If

Aprile September 19th, 2005 08:20 PM

Tip I learned on my cruise last week was. If you need the clothing right away spray wrinkle releaser on and use your hair dryer to speed up drying. Plus the heat from the hair dryer while pulling on the wrinkle helps alot.