Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Passenger

Default Is there an advantage to bringing preadresses small boxes...

folded flat, of course, so when you buy a souvenier, you can pop it in the box and drop it at a post office before you even go back to the ship? I am not one for shopping, and actually less for souveniers, but I know I will want some time of remembrence for my small family since I will probably never go again. I won a Ulu knife from travel channel, and I treasure it, and use it frequently, and thought about getting them for two or three people, but it has to be mailed...none allowed on ships. So does it save any hassle to carry you own boxes?
Jayne
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Admiral

In most ports, you would be mailing it from another country, so you have to find their post office and mail it from there. It can be a bit of a challenge, especially since sometimes they won't speak English. And, prepaid doesn't do you any good, since they have their own rates and currencies. I would suggest just allowing room in your suitcase.
Ulu's are a different matter, since Alaska is part of the US, so it might work there. I have one and love it. But, you can find them online also. Not as much fun as buying them on the cruise, I know.
Marty
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Admiral

thats a really tough question, not knowing what you might buy it would be really hard to pack the right size box, not to mention packing material. I think that if you purchase small souveniour type items either put them in your carry-on or pack them in your suitcase. Like Marty said it can be a real challlenge trying to find the local post office, and do you want to waste your precious sight-seeing time running around town trying to find a post office, and it would probably cost quite a bit to send something home