CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Jokes & Trivia - Just For Laughs (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-jokes-trivia-just-laughs/)
-   -   Silly Questions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-jokes-trivia-just-laughs/388953-silly-questions.html)

green_rd April 20th, 2012 03:51 PM

Silly Questions

We have heard all those silly questions the cruise director or comedian trots out, like "Captain, if you are here who is driving the ship" or "Is the pool water moving because it is salt water". Put on your newbie hat and come up wit some new ones.

How about, "Do they call it a wake because it wakes up the fish?"

Manuel April 20th, 2012 05:28 PM

I have on 15 cruises on three cruiselines and the Cruise Directors all used the same stories.
They are funny the first time, but after a while you do wish they would come up with newer ones.

TM

Trip April 20th, 2012 05:50 PM

I think the most common one in the cruise dircectors repetoire is ...When is the midnight buffet?:shock:

Mike M April 20th, 2012 07:32 PM

Many years ago we were checking in for our Norwegian Sky cruise. The Sky was a fairly new ship at that time. There were a couple in front of us that didn't have any documentation other than a drivers license. The pier coordinator/supervisor made the comment "It was all explained in your documents.". The reply was: "No one told me I had to read them." :roll:

I always remember that one.

Take care,
Mike

Queen of Oakville April 22nd, 2012 01:51 PM

Yes, they do recycle the jokes and it gets mundane after a while.

The "Captain, if you are here, who is driving the ship?" one got a chuckle from me on our recent cruise (Disney Dream) .... he took that right into his answer, "don't worry, we have other captains on our ship .... there is Captain Mickey .... Captain Jack Sparrow ....".

I'm sure that one gets used by all the Disney Captains ,.... but it was funny hearing it for the first time.

Mike M April 22nd, 2012 02:24 PM

I roll my eyes each time I hear the story of: "On our last cruise a man put all his clothes out but forgot to leave something for the morning. He left the ship in his robe and slippers.".:roll:

I'm sure it has happened a few times but for some reason it's always "On our last cruise."

It was cute the first cruise but it got old really fast.

Take care,
Mike

Donna April 22nd, 2012 04:24 PM

How about, the water in the toilets, "is it salt water"....never got an answer to that one, don't really care either way....OY.

Mike M April 22nd, 2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1426123)
How about, the water in the toilets, "is it salt water"....never got an answer to that one, don't really care either way....OY.

It is salt water. Don't ask me how I found out. ;):D

Actually I found out from the Chief Engineer on the old Ocean Princess. Salt water is used to conserve the fresh water supply on board. They would have to almost double the amount of fresh water created in order to accommodate the toilet systems. This would add significant cost in the building and maintaining of the ship.

I actually find that interesting.

Take care,
Mike

TLCMTravels April 22nd, 2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1425946)
Many years ago we were checking in for our Norwegian Sky cruise. The Sky was a fairly new ship at that time. There were a couple in front of us that didn't have any documentation other than a drivers license. The pier coordinator/supervisor made the comment "It was all explained in your documents.". The reply was: "No one told me I had to read them." :roll:

I always remember that one.

Take care,
Mike

REALLY!!!!:shock:
WOW, good reason to have a GOOD TA!!! :wink:

Paul Motter April 24th, 2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1426105)
I roll my eyes each time I hear the story of: "On our last cruise a man put all his clothes out but forgot to leave something for the morning. He left the ship in his robe and slippers.".:roll:

I'm sure it has happened a few times but for some reason it's always "On our last cruise."

Take care,
Mike

The "classic" version of this story is that the last night of the cruise was the passenger "costume ball" with the prize for the best costume.

Of course the winner of the "best costume" is the same guy who put his bags out before he remembered to leave out clothes for the next day. In different versions he was dressed up in one of the kid's programs "big bird" costumes, or in drag (dress & high heels).

On one cruise line I recall there was a guy famous for playing a trick in the dining room where he pretends he ordered a pizza - and somebody comes with a pizza box to his table.

I guess he used to brong the box with him onboard to use as a prop. Gee, what a life living with a guy like that. As said above - some things are funny once, but not repreatedly.

I really dislike the "do the stairs go up?" one. That just doesn't strike me a funny "stupid" question. I suppose they mean to ask - "do they go all the way up" but whatever...

I have never actually heard anyone ever ask that question. I did start to ask an officer is the stairs went up to certain deck but he started laughing before I could finish. I wanted to deck him.

Paul Motter April 24th, 2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Take care,
Mike

Quote:

Take care,
Mike

The "classic" version of this story is that the last night of the cruise was the passenger "costume ball" with the prize for the best costume.

Of course the winner of the "best costume" is the same guy who put his bags out before he remembered to leave out clothes for the next day. In different versions he was dressed up in one of the kid's programs "big bird" costumes, or in drag (dress & high heels).

On one cruise line I recall there was a guy famous for playing a trick in the dining room where he pretends he ordered a pizza - and somebody comes with a pizza box to his table.

I guess he used to brong the box with him onboard to use as a prop. Gee, what a life living with a guy like that. As said above - some things are funny once, but not repreatedly.

I really dislike the "do the stairs go up?" one. That just doesn't strike me a funny "stupid" question. I suppose they mean to ask - "do they go all the way up" but whatever...

I have never actually heard anyone ever ask that question. I did start to ask an officer is the stairs went up to certain deck but he started laughing before I could finish. I wanted to deck him.

KellyKayden April 24th, 2012 07:16 PM

waaaaiiit a minute....I was told the big bird story on my cruise! darn trickery! LOL

OldFartCruiser April 24th, 2012 10:50 PM

The joke that is not told any longer is: To take a shower all you had to do is soap up the shower walls and spin yourself around in the shower. Showers have gotten larger with the arrival of large ships making the joke obsolete.

I thought the classic for the guy who put all his clothes out the previous night; he left the ship wearing the shower curtain.

Eventhough we have all heard these a number of times it still get a lot of laughter.

O F C'er

Lakers Fan April 25th, 2012 09:30 AM

On my last cruise we heard that a passenger on a previous cruise put out all his clothes in his luggage and left the ship in his pajamas.

Mike M April 25th, 2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1426439)
On my last cruise we heard that a passenger on a previous cruise put out all his clothes in his luggage and left the ship in his pajamas.

I'll put money on it that it wasn't true. :D

Take care,
Mike

Waiting4acruise July 4th, 2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1426439)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1426446)
I'll put money on it that it wasn't true. :D

Take care,
Mike

I actually saw this on one of my cruises.

aerospace July 5th, 2012 12:07 AM

My last cruise someone was in their pjs when they boarded...explain that one.

KellyKayden July 5th, 2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerospace (Post 1436530)

They wanted to be comfy? :)

Waiting4acruise July 5th, 2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

They woke up late.

Paul Motter July 5th, 2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

They had one of the luggage services that takes your bags directly to the ship and they switched in to jammies for the transatlantic flight without realizing they wouldn't see their bags again until they got in their stateroom.

KellyKayden July 5th, 2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waiting4acruise (Post 1436688)
They woke up late.

Ok, fine, I'll come clean.....i just felt like wearing pj's, ok?!

buttons16 July 5th, 2012 09:24 PM

I do have two question's, if someone can be kind enough to answer :

What happens to the ice sculptures after they melt ?

Does the cruise ship provide its own electricity ?

KellyKayden July 5th, 2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1436690)
They had one of the luggage services that takes your bags directly to the ship and they switched in to jammies for the transatlantic flight without realizing they wouldn't see their bags again until they got in their stateroom.

A logical explanation isn't nearly as fun...lol

KellyKayden July 5th, 2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons16 (Post 1436699)
I do have two question's, if someone can be kind enough to answer :

What happens to the ice sculptures after they melt ?

Does the cruise ship provide its own electricity ?

1. Re frozen as ice for drinks
2. Yes

;-)

buttons16 July 5th, 2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellyKayden (Post 1436707)
1. Re frozen as ice for drinks
2. Yes

;-)

....Thought you would say no, a giant extension cord is plugged in at the port of embarkation....rofl

KellyKayden July 5th, 2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons16 (Post 1436709)
....Thought you would say no, a giant extension cord is plugged in at the port of embarkation....rofl

Nah...thats just for the generator :-)

green_rd July 6th, 2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons16 (Post 1436709)

Nah, they plug into those trans-Atlantic cables, or does that provide the TV signal/

Waiting4acruise July 6th, 2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1436757)
Nah, they plug into those trans-Atlantic cables, or does that provide the TV signal/

The ship get a TV signal?
Most of the channels seem to lose signal once we leave port.:rolleyes:

green_rd July 6th, 2012 01:37 PM

Waiting - I was making a play on the word "cable" but yes, all of the ships I have sailed on had limited television provided by satellite. When we turn on the TV in our cabin we usually turn to the bridge camera.

KDGodwin July 7th, 2012 05:07 AM

Just a little off topic but... I have seen several people now going through the airport in footy jamies! I asked one guy the last time I flew, and he said this way he didn't have to take his shoes off... Actually sounds like a good idea IF I wanted to be seen in public in footy jamies! lol.