Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Cruise Jokes & Trivia - Just For Laughs
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Jokes & Trivia - Just For Laughs Share cruise trivia or jokes: Registered Users Only

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Default Small World

I do not believe that I posted this before but I am dealing with short term memory lapses so if I did relate this please excuse me.

In 2013 my wife and I were on a cruise .We went to lunch and sat with another couple ,total strangers.The wife seemed so familiar to me and I asked if she grew up in Brooklyn ,she replied that she did not but her husband did. He did not look familiar at all .It turned out that he and I hung out in the same park when we were teenagers and very likely played basketball together as we had mutual friends.

Small World
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Admiral

At my old job the girl I normally worked with had taken the day off so another women who worked a diffrent shift filled in for her. We knew each other from working together a few time but she wasn't fond of me for some reason and really wouldn't talk to me.

So the day she and I were working together there was nobody else to talk to so we found ourselves in a nice conversation.
She was talking about her kids and I replied that I was surprised she had kids that old. At this point she gets here photos out of her kids and the first photo she shows me was her son, I looked at the picture and said "he looks like he belongs in my family , he looks like a Steck " ( my maiden name) she looks at me with this look on her face and says "he is" his name is Wayne Steck....I said my grandfather and uncle are Wayne Steck !
She then asked what's your fathers name? I told her and her jaw dropped and she said oh my gosh ROBIN....I'm your aunt Linda!!!

Turns out she was married to my dads brother but divoriced when I was very young but she had actually babysat me a few times. The male Steck gene is so strong that one look at the phone I was able to pick up on.
Crazy but true.....you never know who your talking to.
Old November 12th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Admiral

After my parents passed away I found in their house a suitcase filled with pictures. I put them in an album but I could only identify about 10 % of the photos .
In 1999 when I bought my first computer I joined an online music message board .The woman who owned the board grew up in Brooklyn on Br.4 St . I told her that my parents and I spent the summer of 1949 at a house on that street and that I had pictures of a woman and her daughter who lived there.
I scanned and e-mailed the pictures to her and she and her mom were in the pictures.
I immediately mailed the pictures to her and we have been friends since then.
My wife and I met her and her husband for dinner one night and he was a neighbor of mine in the 60's.
Old November 12th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Funny how this stuff happens.

By the way did you ever find me on your friend lists on here?
Old November 12th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yes, indeed it is a small world....love stories like this.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 12th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Default Friends List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Funny how this stuff happens.

By the way did you ever find me on your friend lists on here?

I was talking about my friends list on CC ,you are still not there.
Old November 13th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan View Post
I was talking about my friends list on CC ,you are still not there.
I never had any friends on CC or did I ??? I don't remember .If I did I don't anymore , I just checked....we can be friends there too .

My name is different over there and I really only post on there when I'm booked on a cruise.
Old November 13th, 2015, 11:42 PM
Admiral

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
I never had any friends on CC or did I ??? I don't remember .If I did I don't anymore , I just checked....we can be friends there too .

My name is different over there and I really only post on there when I'm booked on a cruise.

We were friends there . I was posting there a lot when I was unable to post on CM.
Old November 14th, 2015, 01:39 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan View Post
We were friends there . I was posting there a lot when I was unable to post on CM.
Ok so now I'm have memory issues it looks like. Sorry it was nothing personal, whom ever I had as friends there I must have deleted everyone. I don't even remember your name over there.
Old November 14th, 2015, 10:03 PM
First Mate

When my two children were young we lived in a town that offfered swimming lessons at the town pond. Over the course of several weeks I became good friends with a woman who lived on the other side of town, but also had two children in the same swim classes as mine. By the end of summer we were discussing politics, religion, and family backgrounds, and it turned out her maiden name was the same very unusual one as my mother's. It turned out that she was my first cousin --- her father was my mother's younger brother.
Old November 15th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Admiral

I love these stories.