Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2003, 03:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Cruisemates Cruise on the Pride

Now here I am (and will be in February) enjoying a drink along the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta.

Can't wait to be there again.

Harry

Old November 22nd, 2003, 03:41 AM
Admiral

It worked, Shar

Harry
Old November 22nd, 2003, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hey kids....
I promise Mike hasn't abandoned you (even before meeting you <G>). I know he's still buried in work with the changes being made to the site. He told me that he had 9000 pages that he had to go back and make changes to. So just bear with him, and I'm sure he'll come out and "play" soon.

If you want to contact him, try Malari@cruisemates.com. I know he checks that mail.

The hosts normally don't get a list of people booked until after final payments are made. And honestly, even then it's sometimes difficult to get some of these people to post on the boards. But most generally do loosen up and participate once onboard.

You can tell this by looking down a couple of threads at our SPIRIT group thread. No one is really posting YET, and many of them are CM Group cruise returnees... who I know are GREAT fun to cruise with.

We also never find out the where and when of the cocktail party until much closer to the sailing date. This is information supplied by the ship, and they deal with it when it's almost time to sail.

For that reason we always try and organize an informal get together for everyone much early in the cruise, even before the official cocktail party..... and I'm certain Mike will do the same.

Mike did post awhile ago in this thread--->http://cruise-forums.com/forums/read...=42928&t=42928
so you can find out something about it.
He hasn't hosted a group cruise before, so be gentle with him.

I know you guys are gonna have a GREAT time!!

Old November 22nd, 2003, 01:09 PM
Ginny

Hi Everyone,

Those booked on the Pride group cruise or any other Carnival cruise make sure to get your reservation # from your TA and then go to www.carnival.com/ourcruise. This is the online registration from Carnival. Any questions don't hesitate to call me or email me at info@greatcruising.com. I will give you your individual id. #. It's so easy.

Have a GREAT CRUISE!!!

Happy Cruising,
Ginny Schoenfeld
"Top Producer"
Cruise Planners, Inc.
www.greatcruising.com
888-275-3788 OR 610-458-4385
484-888-1377 CELL
Old November 22nd, 2003, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Ginny, can't wait for the online boarding info ... I just checked, and the board is still not up. However, i t is set for Nov 25th from waht I gather from you and others.

Kuki, thanks so much for chiming in and giving us some details about when to expect information, such as time of cocktail party and the "who's in" list of passengers.

I can tell you now, that with so many Pride Cruisemates folks on the aft, we should throw a huge "cruisemates" banner over the railings. :-)

Gonna search around for a photo of the Pride's aft so perhaps we can play "spot your cabin."

Harry
Old November 22nd, 2003, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Found an aft photo! I had to post it under Photo Galleries 'cause it was too large to attach to this note.

Also, doing a Google search, I came across this link to Florida Today (I guess a newspaper) where they had many photos and details that I have not seen in any other places of the Pride. Check it out!

http://www.floridatoday.com/gallerie...e/003pride.htm

Harry <---- who should finally shower and get shopping
Old November 22nd, 2003, 05:19 PM
SharB

Wow! Great web site, Harry!
Maybe Mike L. will be able to teach us to shoot digital photos like those :o)
I'm thrilled to see so many more posts on "our" site today. Now I'll go look at the aft photo.
Hope you all have a good weekend!

Shar
Old November 22nd, 2003, 06:24 PM
Yeoman

Harry and SharB, been away for a few days. Looks like this thread has taken on a life of its own. Anyway, hopefully Mike will arrange a pre-cocktail meeting for all of us. Can't wait to meet you all face to face. We have a very large veranda, maybe we could have a mini-party there (Capt. Ron, no falling asleep). Well my wife Lonnie and I are busting our buttons for this cruise. Dec. 1st we'er off on another 4 nighter, this time on the Monarch of the Seas, never been on that one either. We got a group of local Realtors for this cruise (hope they don't try to sell Ensenada, you no how we are Harry). Anyway its good to be back and participating in this thread. Have a wonderful weekend.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:37 PM
Yeoman

Harry, just saw the pics of the Pride you posted, we are the corner veranda on the port side, one deck up from the atlantic deck (really the promenade) as you can see its pretty big, great for parties. Room 4228.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:53 PM
Ginny

Hi Everyone Again,

Just wanted to keep you updated that there are 15 passengers booked on the Pride. That's a nice size for your cocktail party. I know you're all going to have a BLAST... just one small problem, I won't be there to enjoy myself with you. Oh well maybe next time.

Take pics.

Happy Cruising,
Ginny
Old November 22nd, 2003, 08:11 PM
Yeoman

Ginny, is it 15 passengers or 15 rooms?
Old November 22nd, 2003, 11:45 PM
SharB

Hi Cruiseguy!
Welcome back to the board! You've seen that cruise commercial where the guy keeps finding new locations to sleep? That's Capt Ron :o)

Ginny,
We'll definitely post pics after the cruise! Sorry you can't join us.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 11:51 PM
Admiral

Man, Shar and Cruiseguy, you've got MEGA balconies! What is that -- a Category 11 or 12???

I looked at the deck plan, and you indeed have tons of windows. Makes our aft balcony -- Category 8 -- look puny in comparison. But I am still happy!! ... Thanks to your info (and looking at the deck plan again) I figured out in the photo that the people on the pool deck are above the suite one balcony to the right of us.

It will be cool to check out your accommodations, though.

Harry <--- bucking for a look-see

P.S. Marci, where are you and your mom again?
Old November 22nd, 2003, 11:57 PM
SharB

You know, I was just rereading the posts and thought about the banner. How's this? Harry and Art can attach a rope with the banner on it and lower it. Cruiseguy can attach the left-hand side of the banner to his balcony on the port side and we'll attach the right side of the banner on our side. Mike can go out and shoot a picture of it. Hahaha.

Shar
Old November 23rd, 2003, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Shar!

Yeah, that's Mike's job. :-) ... and, at sea.

(just kidding, Mike)

:-)

Harry
Old November 23rd, 2003, 12:44 AM
SharB

Harry,
Here's the official invite for you and Art to check out our balcony!

Both Cruiseguy and we are category 11 with a 220 sq foot balcony. We had a bigger one on the Dawn, but had to share the room with Ron's sister in order to afford it.

Shar
Old November 23rd, 2003, 09:54 AM
911Marci

HI Everyone....

My mom and I are booked on the Pride too! I just lost my father a year ago, Christmas time, so mom and I are going to get a much needed vacation, after being care givers for my father for over 3 years.

I have cruise about 6 times before, and my mom has cruised once....over 12 years ago, so I am sure that things have really changed!!

We also have an aft cabin, booked an 8a, and got upgraded to cabin 6262....I have read so much about these cabins, that I just can't wait to look out and see such a wonderful view.

We live in Orange County, so will be arriving at the port on sailing day....just about a 45 min drive for us....think we will take a shuttle.....

You all sound so very nice....can hardly wait to meet you...talked to Ginny yesterday, and she said she will be throwing us a cocktail party probably the second night out....we have 7 cabins booked so far for our group......

I asked Ginny about Mike....told her I had dropped him a couple emails, and that I hadn't heard anything back.....she said she would contact him....

Ginny is also tempting me with a cruise in Sept. or Oct on the new Jewel of the Seas....either the Fall Follage cruise, or transatlantic from London to Paris, Ireland, and Boston.....her rates are dirt cheap....I was shocked....am thinking of making a deposit....want to experience one of those big ships with the rock climbing wall, etc....even tho' I will just watch that from the sidelines...haha!!

What seating does everyone have for dinner/we requested late....should we try to piggyback booking numbers to maybe get seated together???

Marci/911 Chick
Old November 23rd, 2003, 02:44 PM
SharB

Hi Marci!
We're looking forward to meeting you and your mom. Ginny said that she booked all of us for late seating. Hopefully Harry (hint-hint) or Mike will make arrangements for a table when they board, so we can all sit together at dinner.

This will be Capt Ron's and my 7th cruise. We tend toward Princess, but Harry convinced us that the Spirit class of Carnival is well worth the try.

Shar
Old November 23rd, 2003, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Normally in our groups, unless someone requests a table for two, or seating with particular travel companions, the TAs cross reference everyone's booking, so that the group dine together, and at tables next to each other.

This is of course dependant on dining times those participating choose. If part of the group were dining early, and part late then each "group" would still be seated together.

Old November 23rd, 2003, 05:15 PM
Ginny

Cruiseguy,

That makes 15 passengers although there's always room for more. Pass the word around.

Ginny
Old November 23rd, 2003, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Ginny,

Can you cross-reference our bookings for dinner at the same table with Shar, Marci and Cruiseguy ... Art said we could skip the table for 2. :-) Late seating all the way around, from what I gather.

Thanks in advance.

Harry

CC: info@greatcruising.com
Old November 25th, 2003, 10:56 AM
SharB

Default REGISTERED ON LINE!

I was able to get in this morning and register. Ran into a few "glitches" with the system but worked through them. Ginny is working a major issue of our middle names being documented as part of our first names. We should be hearing from her shortly to announce that you can now access /mycruise.

Shar
Old November 25th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Can't wait to do that. Hope it works as well as it does on Princess.

Harry
Old November 25th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Passenger

Hi Everyone,

First, I must apologize for not jumping in sooner but, I have been swamped with work in the last few weeks and I have been working an average of 12-14 hours a day on various projects. The majority of those projects is doing the Cruisemates re-design. I still have over 1000 files to complete so, as you can imagine, after doing stuff like this all day, it is a little tough to get active on the message boards or to even reply to simple email at times.

Anyway, it would be an understatement to say that "I am really looking forward to this cruise". This will be my first Carnival cruise so many of you will have to tell me what you think is the best things to do on board ship. I have been to Mexico several times so there aren't many shore excursions that will be excite us. The exception would be to go on a Whale watching trip. That is one of things that we are really looking forward to.

I should be done in a few weeks and then I will be in a much better possition to participate in the future plans and online discusion of the cruise. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you.

I was under the impression that I could put myself on a email response list but, I couldn't find the selection box for this. So, I will check in more often when time permits. (I would fix it but, I am not the programmer for message boards section).

Take Care,

Your Cruisemates Cruise Host on the Carnival Pride!
Mike Lari
Production Layout
Crusemates.com
Old November 25th, 2003, 09:29 PM
Admiral

Mike, you found your whale watching compadres with Shar and Capt Ron!

Keep jumping in when you get a chance.

Harry
Old December 3rd, 2003, 12:47 PM
SharB

Default Booking Tours

Thought I'd better get this bumped up, since we haven't had any activity since before Thanksgiving. I hope you all had a good one. We spent ours with Ron's family up in the bay area in a small town called Suisun near San Francisco. Ron's dad is much improved and looks to be out of the hospital into convalesant home this week. This is after being in the hospital for a month and a half.

Question: Can we book on-line through Carnival or do we wait until boarding? We're hoping to book whale watching tours from Carnival but need some other ideas when in port. We're still not too sure we'll spend much time (if any) off the ship in Mazatlan - just waiting for an offer we can't refuse :o)

Shar
Old December 3rd, 2003, 05:29 PM
Passenger

Hi Everyone,

A Big Thanks to Mike Mastell for taking care of the email reply option for this and many other sections of the messages boards. It makes it much easier to maintain contact with everyone when I get an occasional email about the continuing conversation.

Anyway, I have been a busy bee working on the daily updates to the site, reviews, etc. but I am actually starting to see some daylight in this process. I still have a lot to do but it is getting a little easier.

Before I forget, the stateroom number we have is 8232 and located Port side Aft. We were fortunate to get a HUGE balcony so, I hope the weather cooperates and gives us a chance to take advantage of it.

We are thinking about flying in the day before but not sure where we should stay. I am open for suggestions but since I am not familiar with L.A. area, transportation to and from hotels, airports, etc. will be tricky for us. Hee hee... the last thing I need is to get an unwanted tour of the entire L.A. area by a greedy taxi cab driver. More than likely, I will contact Ginny for transportation options too!

Since we live in Sacramento, an 8-10 hour drive is not the ideal option for us and fighting the L.A. traffic is even less attractive.

On a different subject... Harry, the photos you put up were hilarious! Both my wife and myself were laughing so hard that we had trouble controlling ourselves.

For those of you who did see it, here is the link:

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1570

Gotta run for now but I will jump in as time permits

Take Care,

Mike
Old December 3rd, 2003, 06:37 PM
SharB

Hi Mike!
To save you time, here's the message I posted further up this string.

Author: SharB (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: 11-18-03 12:22

Gee Guys, I'm sorry to be monopolizing this board
(guess who doesn't cruise very often?)
I was able to book a room at Courtyard by Marriott in Long Beach. I called the reservation number and used a different tac - rooms are still available for the Bon Voyage package for 7 days if you ask for two double beds - the kings are all booked on Jan 31st. Small price to pay...
The price was $124 plus 12% tax and does include r/t transportation to the pier AND two breakfasts.

Shar
Old December 4th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Gee Mike, you could bowl on your balcony!!

Man, Ginny really came through with great cabins!

I think Shar came up with the best hotel option I've seen, and it looks like Cruiseguy will be there, too.

Shar, since you're antsy on Mazatlan, I would really say at least do the city tour. You can book it at the pier terminal for $13 through Marlin Tours. We walked off the ship about 10 a.m. or so, and waited 15 minutes, and we were off on the tour. You get to see lots of vistas, some historic things, and one or two shop-purtunities. In the Golden Zone, Art and I even had time to stroll the sand (instead of doing any more shopping). We were back on board about 2 or so.

There are photos from our tour about midway through our Star Princess gallery.

The other tour I would strongly recommend is the colonial villages one to Concordia -- lots of scenery outside Mazatlan, the towns were very old Mexico, and you got to see a wood working place, etc. We took the half-day tour, which was plenty long enough for us. I think that's what we are gonna do this time -- it's been about 2 years since we've been on that one.

I'm just wrapping up work here -- January is dead a door nail with real estate, so taking the time to update my past clients list etc.

Can't wait for that aft balcony!

Harry
Old December 4th, 2003, 12:48 PM
SharB

Hi Harry!
I like the idea of the colonial village tour. We'll probably go for it. Since you are our Carnival expert, are we able to book tours on line?

Sorry your real estate is so slow, but it gives you time to decorate for Christmas, right? We're so busy at work and with choir that I haven't had time to get my stuff out of the boxes. Sure hope I do before my Christmas party. I guess I could cover the boxes with season appropriate tableclothes :o) - now, where did I hide that tree???

Shar