Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2004, 09:05 PM
jeanaa

Default Seeking Cruise Companion - Med/Greek Isles

Female, 45 non smoker, social drinker, seeks dinner companion and balcony cabin mate to defer the dreaded single supplement.

Well educated, fairly independent traveler who enjoys sightseeing, shopping, sampling local cuisine, and history. Half the fun of traveling is planning, and I will rarely take a cruise sponsored excursion, preferring to research and plan an independent tour for myself and anyone who wants to come along for an off the beaten path adventure. On board, I?m a (quiet) early riser, and most sea days you?ll find me in the outdoor Jacuzzi or somewhere on deck taking in the salty ocean air.

Love to dress up and enjoy a cocktail (or two!), and a few dances. Also enjoy trivia contests, comedy and talent shows, and good music. However, many evenings you?ll find me on a quiet deck or the balcony, taking a late night swim, reading, or enjoying an evening cocktail.

Probably my worst quirk as a roommate is that I really love to fall asleep to the sound of the waves lapping against the ship, and so I prefer to leave the balcony door open at night. Other than that, I am quiet, considerate and easy going. Don?t mind at all if you smoke, if you are okay with smoking on the balcony or outside the room.

Right now, I am hoping to go to the Greek Isles / Mediterranean next May ? perhaps the Grand Princess May 2 (Rome / Naples / Santorini / Rhodes / Kusadasi / Mykonos / Olympia / Corfu /Dubrovnik / Venice). Also, would love to take a Caribbean or South American cruise in early January.

However, open to all ideas. Would love to hear from you!
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:57 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Seeking Cruise Companion - Med/Greek Isles

Hi Jean,

You sound like a person I would get along with well...I especially like the idea of leaving the balcony door open at night...I love the sea breezes!

I'm a young 51...female, non-smoker, social drinker...no kids and no boyfriend anymore and I'm looking for someone to cruise with to places I've never been and always wanted to see.

I am also not particularly fond of the guided excursions, after my last experience on a cruise. I am good at researching a particular place and planning my own tour.

I, too, have been looking into the Mediterrean for sometime next summer. I'm also planning to go to the Caribbean next May 8 with the Valor group. Maybe you have read about us on the Singles Message Board. Check it out. They've got some really good prices.

I live in San Diego where do you live?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Linda
Old August 31st, 2004, 10:28 AM
Mary Ann

Hi,

I am also looking for someone to share a cabin on a MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE.
I am open to the itinerary and the dates. Although May 2005 is my first choice.

I am a young, energetic 52 year old female whose SO is unable to travel. I enjoy sightseeing, and enjoying new experiences. I do not smoke, am a social drinker, love sightseeing, exploring, experiencing new cultures, shopping, and experiencing local cuisine. I also am an early riser and love falling to sleep to the rocking of the ship. I am easy going and enjoy a good time.

I have a MBA, and manage the IS of a large manufacturing company. I enjoy reading, hiking, and cooking.

Please send me an e-mail, and maybe we can discuss this possibility further.

My e-mail address is ma_lapointe@hotmail.com.
Old November 22nd, 2004, 01:58 PM
Beginner

Hi, are you looking for a male or female?
helmut
yvrbc@shaw.ca
Old November 23rd, 2004, 09:00 AM
Passenger

Hello,
Excellent description of your likes etc. sounds very much like the things I like also.
I am hoping to book a Med Cruise starting Sept 19th....
How often do you like to cruise? I am booked on a Panama cruise Mar 9th but have a travel partner for this one.
I am single, retired femal... mid 50's but act young and enjoy travelling very much... however am just starting the cruise scene. I have seem a lot of the world but would like to see much more. I enjoy every minute of the day, start out early with a brisk walk or a workout in the gym. I love the hot tub... have one at home... love to swim and go exploring out of the way places providing they are safe to explore. I also like snorkeling in the warmer waters. I am a non smoker, social drinker and love most entertainment.
This is my first trial to find cruise partners on line. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.
Where are you living?
I am in Ontario, Canada... just 1 hour north of the big city of Toronto.
Ecith