Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Passenger

Default Teens on Crystal

I have two teenagers, both boys. One is 15 and the other is 19, and I was wondering if they would be comfortable on Crystal. They are well behaved, and I know that they would enjoy the cruise. I just wanted to know if they would fit in on the ships. Since it is a summer cruise I figured that more kids would be on the ship, but we have never sailed Crystal before and wanted some input on it.
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2003, 09:31 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Teens on Crystal

I was on Crystal doing Panama Canal not many kids on board. I talked to some of the kids and they said they were having lots of FUN!! So was Mom and Dad.

Enjoy!!

Michael
Old February 3rd, 2003, 01:19 PM
Evelyn Richardson

I would not advise taking teens on Crystal, there is really nothing for them to do - small children can go to the play room - but teens will be bored, They will not wish to go to the library,lectures or play bridge.

It is also a rather formal line, and I doubt that teens will like having to "dress up" for dinner at night. They would be out of place wearing baggy jeans and T shirts.

I suggest that you look carefully at the back pages of the brochure re life on board, dress code etc.

I would suggest instead that with boys of that age you check out RCCL, there is a great deal more to do for the 15 year old and the 19 year old will find others of his age group (incl girls) on board RCCCL.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 07:05 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

This is a pretty old post - I wonder how it turned out?

My opinion only, I would not recommend Crystal (or any other lux line) for teens. They are very quiet ships. And Crystal in particular has more sea days (which I love) than other cruise lines, but teens might consider this boring.

For teens I would go with Carnival or Royal Caribbean.

Old January 25th, 2004, 01:00 AM
trvlblonde

Default Re: Re: Teens on Crystal

Well, I have to disagree with those of you who said no to teens on Crystal to Alaska. I did this trip in Aug of 2000 and there were at least 40 teenagers between 14-19. About 10 were on a trip with their family. I met one of the adults from this group early on (2nd day) and we stayed acquainted throughout the cruise. And on the aircraft coming home the parents sat across the aisle from me in FC (kids were traveling coach - a good move). They said that the kids had a terrific time - there were many activities for the kids - and when ashore they took nature hikes in Sitka, fished in Ketichan, learned about the natives in Juneau - it sounded wonderful. And, as for taking our youth on a trip like this, I believe that it is a great advantage for teenagers to be exposed to culture and fine dining. When I was 15, I took my first ocean cruise in the Far East. Its important for youth to learn to dress and behave appropriately. When presented properly, these lessons are not wasted on the next generation.
Old May 4th, 2004, 11:07 AM
sf

Default Re: Re: Re: Teens on Crystal

I agree. Though I've never been on Crystal, I've seen some teenagers on Silversea, and they seemed to be enjoying themselves. They were all very well behaved. Kids enjoy dressing up if occassion calls for it. I think it's important to expose kids early to finer things in life. We don't want their point of referrence to be the Carnival cruises and Big Mac.
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Teens on Crystal

Hey, Hey now, don't diss the Carnival Cruise Line - the majority of kids in the US and in the world don't ever go on a cruise . . . .getting to go one any even, gaspp, gaspp . . . . Carnival . . . will bring special memories.