Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:05 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon
Default QM2Reviews a thought.....

It was time someone started a thread discussing a topic which seems to me has become a hot topic. That topic is none other than QM2Reviews. one common thread that seems to add weight to their review is that many who came off the 3/16 cruise (including myself) thought the review was pretty well versed and fairly accurate. many threads on QM2 boards have praised the web site for posting menus, programs, pics and other useful information. there's also some who do nothing but criticize the site and the info put on the qm2 web site. i was pretty leery when i first visited their site as they posted pdf menus which can only be downloaded from the ship's galley. how they got a hold of this info i dont know but its useful info and i think that deserves some credit on their part in getting the info up. there's no phone number on the site but they answer messages on their boards. there's no about us page but i found who owns them and its not carnival or cunard. they are out of tampa and their parent or owner company is a Disney group. they came out of nowhere and they must well funded as the site is professional and they bought the crown which was on display. i saw them taking pics on the ship and writing notes. you could see them just about everywhere on the qm2 and it was as though they were running an inspection. it was not until i visited thier web site that i recognized these guys and then i read some of the posts and found myself getting more than a bit perturbed by some of the posts. i posted a message and what i posted was cut up and used to the detriment of others (namely cruisepal). seems like no one wants to believe anyone had a great cruise or that the ship is not cracked up to what everyone thought it should be. i can tell you that the ship was what i thought it would be and the food was more than what i expected. what i did not expect was to visit this board and read such negative comments about something many of you have not experienced and the negative posts on qm2reviews. gee, i would think that places like this are for those who want to find out information no matter what the source. one thing a message board does not let you do is meet the people you're talking about. i met cruisepal (i recognize him from the web site) and he's a stand up guy. now that i know who he is and can place the face from the pic on the site, i can tell you that those who are beating him up on the boards should be keel hauled. he's a nice guy and if i had known who he was when i was onboard i would have liked the opportunity to ask him some questions.
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2004, 06:18 PM
EDITHE

Default Re: QM2Reviews a thought.....

Jon, I do believe you have explained something I observed on our March16-26 trip on the QM2. I saw men with clipboards around the ship but with no obvious Cunard connection (no shirts with logos). THANK YOU
Old April 7th, 2004, 08:05 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon
Default Re: Re: QM2Reviews a thought.....

I thought the review said they were on the March 6 cruise, not the March 16 cruise. So if you saw people with clipboards, they must have been someone else.