Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2004, 11:27 AM
Beginner

Default QM2 -- What is "Casual Attire?"

Having just received our travel documents, my spouse and I are very excited to depart on QM2 from NYC May 10th. However, the documents' description of "casual attire" is somewhat vague...

Formal dining and special events aside, I'd like to know what people normally wear aboard the ship during the daytime. As we will sail to the Caribbean--to warmer climes--are short pants, sandals, tees and the like "acceptable" while on board?

Any advice from QM2 passengers past or present would be very much appreciated.

Thanks~
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2004, 06:54 PM
EH

Default Re: QM2 -- What is "Casual Attire?"

Would you say that on a crossing in late July that women could wear nice shorts sets during the day? I just can't see myself in slacks or dresses all the time...
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Passenger

So is there a place to change near the pools? Otherwise, how do you get from your quarters to the pools without wearing bathing attire?
Old April 27th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Passenger

Then....I can go to the pool in my swimsuit with a cover-up but just don't go shopping or try to sit in one of the retaurants etc. in bathing attire? That sounds okay to me. I would be uncomfortable anyway. I know it's a whole new world but I have never felt right in a swimsuit anywhere but at the pool or in my own backyard. Thank you Adam for the information. You have been really helpful!
Old April 30th, 2004, 10:05 AM
cruisinKandJ

I would suspect that the QM2 will be a speck less formal than the QE2. You know that on the first and last nights, attire is always casual. Well, on the QE2, we had to dress semi-formal; i.e., coat and tie for the men and something nice for the ladies. Even on a very rough crossing, the formal dress code is enforced on all other nights on the QE2.

J.
Old April 30th, 2004, 10:57 PM
NJMatt

I am sure that the Caribbean sailings will be somewhat more laid back for the way one would dress except for the formal nights and also for those wishing to dine in the dining rooms rather than in lets say the Kings Court.