Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Passenger

Default QM2 & Capt. Wright

Will be on the 6/25 westbound crossing, Princess Grill. Our last crossing was aboard QE2 and absolutely loved the ship, the crew, the food, the romance and the memories. We were privileged to have Capt. Wright taking care of us, and I can't agree more, he is a consummate professional with personality plus. I don't know if this is scheduled aboard QM2, but he and Maureen treated the passengers to an informal talk and question and answer session, and he kept us in stitches laughing over his escapades as a young man gone to sea. Does anyone know if he is scheduled to be aboard on 6/25?

When we return, I will post photos here. I know some on this board are also asking about Princess Grill, and I will do my best to answer questions. On my new site, WorldTravelQuest.Com, I will post a complete review with photos. Regards to all.
Caroline Parkhurst
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Owen Hamilton

Default Re: QM2 & Capt. Wright

Hi Caroline, I am also going to be on the 25/6 westbound crossing, its my first ever cruise and i thought that the QM2 should be my first one
Old June 20th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: QM2 & Capt. Wright

Hello Owen. You sure know how to pick 'em for your first time! Hope to see you onboard. We can toast to our good fortune. Regards. Caroline
Old July 1st, 2004, 04:53 PM
nycKruzer

It's July 1 and I just disembarked QM2 for lunch in Princess Grill, having brought aboard full ship charter clients for '06. I have sailed twice on QM2, once in the QG and the other in the PG. The Princess and the Queens Grills are not a daytime rooms, in my opinion, as clean and spare as they are. In the evning, they show better. I was raised as a Lutheran, and the rooms remind me of many Lutheran churches I visited over the years...if that rings for anyone. Don't get me wrong, the service is impeccable and the food sublime, but it the decor lacks the finesse of QE2 grill rooms that look directly out to sea. Future redecorations will remedy that I am sure.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 07:56 AM
Gabriel

Have a nice cruise, Caroline.

I looked at your website--it's very nicely done.

I'll be interested to hear about your Princess-grade experience, as my wife and I will be similarly indulging ourselves next January.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 01:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: QM2 & Capt. Wright

Hello, Gabriel.

Thanks so much for your kind compliment.

Arrived home late last night. The crossing was fantastic. Enough weather to remind you it's transAtlantic. Some rough (but not too -- just right), fog (really enjoyed listening to the ship's horn), rain, calm seas, beautiful sunny days, romantic moonlit nights.

Within the next few days, after I catch my breath, I'll post photos on this site, and you'll find a complete review with photos on my site, WorldTravelQuest.com.

Just to tease you: Princess Grill is wonderful. More later.

If you're so inclined, I'd enjoy hearing from you after your trip and publishing your review and/or thoughts.

Best regards,

Caroline