Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2004, 07:39 PM
michael macartney

Default Day wear on qm2

HI
were sailing on qm2 on the 11th oct, just wondering how formal the
day wear is. Do passengers wear jeans? smart jeans not jeans with
holes in them.
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Day wear on qm2

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that too - I'm a shorts and tank top and flip flop person myself and feel I may be "underdressed" on the QM2 (Nov.6)

donna

Old September 11th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Julia Elzie

Hello,

I am a travel agent, specializing in luxury cruises, and I think that resort casual is a good way to describe the best attire. Jeans would be fine if they are new, not faded or dirty, good quality, such as Tommy Hilfiger or Ralph Lauren and are worn with a smart collared shirt, nice shoes, such as Timberland or leather shoes that would be appropriate for a business casual in an upscale professional office. You might also consider chinos or khakis. If it is a day at sea, resort casual is fine - chino shorts, polo shirt, clean tennis shoes; I wouldn't wear a tee shirt with a business name, or from a local marathon or wine festival.

My husband is an MBA and works in a Fortune 50 company and he often wears his business casual work attire on cruises - a nice Tommy Hilfiger polo shirt with khakis and his dress shoes, purchased at Nordstrom.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Best Regards,
Julia
Old September 11th, 2004, 09:56 PM
wripro

hi
ill be on the october 11 sailing too as well as on the october 31 returning. since it will probably be cooler by then i plan to wear chinos, khakis, black jeans, casual slacks during the day with an assortment of shirts, light sweaters etc. ill also have a lealher jacket to wear for strolls outside. ive crossed the atlantic in october before and its definitely not pool weather so t shirts and short sleeved shirts might not be appropriate. having said that with weather you never know....we could have a heat wave!!!!!

whatever you wear tho hope you have a great time. maybe well run into each other on board. bon voyage!!!!
Old September 12th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

i wear my jeans and on hot days have worn my chino shorts and smart slides. a nice t-shirt or smart tank top will be fine. Go with the polo shirt as well that always loks nice and is about the right area for what tends to be worn. don't fret about it too much, just go with the flow.

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old September 12th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Day wear on qm2

I'll be on the 11/06 Caribbean cruise and I'll be wearing crop pants and short sleeve shirts (I don't show my upper arms in public <g>). I'll also be wearing Birkenstock sandles.

Lucy

Post Edited (09-12-04 14:19)
Old September 12th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Maryvb

I agree with Julia, the travel agent above. Business casual or resort casual. We would not even consider bringing jeans or t-shirts of any kind. I am sure that you will see some, but a cruise as this one should present a better dress code.

Maryvb
Old September 13th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Admiral

LucyDiamond: we will be on the same cruise! Please feel free to e-mail me (click on my name on this message).

donna

Old September 19th, 2004, 07:16 PM
EH

We were on the QM2 in July and believe me - quite a lot of people dressed casually. During the day, jeans were seen as well as shorts. Of course they were neat and nice- not sloppy. You will see all ranges of dress from "resort casual" to jeans and shorts. As far as t-shirts- for goodness sakes- they sell them on the ship, so I don't think anyone will gasp if you're seen in a nice t-shirt. Relax and be comfortable. You're there to enjoy yourself not to be in a fashion show. They do enforce a dress code, but I would say it's mainly for dinner and evening.