Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2004, 11:11 AM
Bluestar

Default A simple question....

I think check in times for QE2 on 15th December Southampton-New York starts at 14 o´clock. Is that right?? Or it depends in what stateroom you are? I have a stupid question....don´t kill me for that, but if I arrive in Southampton about 10 o´clock in the morning, where can I go carrying around all my lugage??? Is there somewhere to keep the lugage meanwhile checkin starts?? Is it possible to check in earlier to get off the lugage??? Are there any shops near the pier?
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:04 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity
Default Re: A simple question....

southampton dock is nowhere near anywhere! We arrived at about 10am when we sailed out last time and our bags were taken by the security staff to be loaded so no worrries there, check-in began at about 11am and once that is done off you go to the wating area which has a little cafe and upstairs you can smoke and there is a balcony where you can see the ship! We were onboard for about midday, so it worked out ok for us to get onboard early. Photos are in the gallery under southampton to athens and the first few are at southampton.
hope this helps
lexxity

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old December 6th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Ted Scull

Default Re: A simple question....

Boarding depends on cabin category? Grill Class gets first boarding numbers and separate check-in. Also applies to Platinum Card holders traveling in any cabin.

After leaving off baggage at QEII Terminal - walk (20 min) or 3GBP taxi to High Street or Above Bar for shopping centre, medieval S'ton and Maritime Museum rather than sittting around terminal lounge.

I'll be there!
TWS in NYC