Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Passenger

Default QE II

I am thinking of taking a cruise on the QE 2. They have single cabins. Has any ever stayed in one? Are they really tiny? So they sell out fast?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evelyn Richardson

Default Re: QE II

I am booked on the QE2 for May2. I believe the single cabins do sell out quickly, they are less expensive for a single than getting a "regular" cabin with two beds. But they are small in the Ml class, my own cabin 4082 is only 82 sq. ft. , in Jan 06 I have one that is 86 sq.ft.

Believe the more expensive single cabins are bigger. Of course the dining arrangements depend on the cabin cat. that you have. In the Mauretania (cabins starting with M) it is two seatings with assigned tables which I prefer since it means I have table companions
If you book the higher priced single cabins You will get the Caronia , Princess or Queens grill dining, that is single seating no assigned tables.

Which cruise are you thinking of taking?

Evelyn Richardson
rafex1@earthlink.net
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:53 PM
jford

YES THEY SELL OUT FAST AS THERE ARE MANY SINGLES FOLKS ON THE QE2 AND YES MOST ARE SMALL. BEST REGARDS
Old March 17th, 2005, 07:36 PM
JuliaN

I book my single occupancy cabins as soon as the next year's itinerary appears on the website and sometimes they're almost sold out at that point! The size really varies; take a good look at the deck plans before booking. The guarantee option worked well for me on QE2 - they gave me a double as a single!

Singles are always well looked after and made to feel welcome. GO, Go Go!!

-Julia

(back on QE2 next month!)
Old March 17th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Familiar Face

Default QE2 CARONIA DINING

Evelyn, you do have assigned seating in the Caronia restaurant.
Old March 18th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Richard JM Smith

I have had both CA & QG single grade cabins and they were very spacious for 1 person. I had CA grade 2122 on one crossing and this was 186 sq feet and then 2063 QG grade which was 237 sq feet & 2070 - @ 201 sq feet - I too have been upgraded - from a PG garantee booking to a QG cabin and the Queens' Grill Restaurant. On my next cruise onboard this July I am in a PG single cabin.

Whilst I liked Caronia Rest. the Grill rooms offer service & food that is 2nd to none and I am just glad I managed on this trip to get a PG cabin so I can dine in the Princess Grill which many people say is the best Rest onboard - even as good as the QG Rest. I agree with Julia too that singles are very well looked after and I found passengers to be a lot friendlier on a cruise more so than a crossing!

Kind Regs,

Richard
Old March 25th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Stephen Morton

As a single QE2 traveller I am concerned about booking Grill accomodation. There are very few single cabins in the Grill grades and the restaurant tables are for small numbers. I do not want to be the only single traveller in the Queens Grill either alone or with just one couple. Could anybody offer any advice about this worry.

Thanks in advance, Stephen.
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:49 PM
jford

Default Re: Re: QE II

WE WERE ON THE QE2 FOR 16DAYS XMAS 2004. WE ARE A DEUCE PLENTY OF 2'S, 4'S 6'S 8'S THE STAFF WOULD DO WHAT EVER YOU WANTED!!! GREAT PEOPLE AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH TIPS.GO AND ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!BON VOYAGE
Old April 13th, 2005, 12:33 PM
rmclean

Default Re: QE2 CARONIA DINING

how is the service in Cronia dining room
Old June 6th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Passenger

I found a website that gives you the square footage of every room on the QE II.
www.deluxecruises.com

I booked a single cabin for May 2006 already since i hear that they go fast.
My TA had one booked that was only 79 sqft. But I found one for the same price that was 98 sq ft.
Old June 6th, 2005, 06:37 PM
jdorning

I was in cabin 3053 during last December's crossing and it was quite comfortable for a Mauretania grade cabin. I think that it was one of the larger ones and being on Three Deck it had wood panelling, which made it look nicer than those on Four or Five Deck.
Old June 11th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Evelyn Richardson

Default Re: Re: QE II

I had 4182 on May 2 cruise. It was 85 sq ft, only floor space in which to dress was 48 insx48 ins. Bathroom so tiny that when I bent over to rinse soap of my face I was "goosed " by toilet roll ( I take size 12/14 dress so I am not over large). Had to sit on toilet and swivel round in order to get into shower, due to door being on the wrong side (there was not room between toilet and shower opening for anyone to stand ). In order to use hair dryer, I had to disconnect the TV as that was the only 3 pin plug in the cabin.

When I got home I CANCELLED the 49 day segment of World cruise I had booked prior to going on the Med trip. In fact I will never go on Cunard again, I suppose it is fine if you go in a top price suite, but the inside cabins are appalling.
Old June 12th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Re: QE II

It is really rather simple.

QE2 single MI cabins are --read ARE -- small and do not cost much money. They are perfectly adequate. Book a single cabin for a one-seating dinning room, you get a better cabin..........Caronia is fine, and costs more. Book in Princess Grill, ditto. Queens Grill cabins are sold as top of the line, as is the price. I believe there are more single cabins feeding into Caronia than into Princess, for example, so call the 800 number in your brochure and ask the res agent just how many singles are sold in the categories........you may not want to be one of the only four or so in Princess Grill, etc. I believe there are many singles booking Caronia and Mauretania cabins

I have yet to figure out how "they" do table assignments, but have experienced a general balance at tables.........I'd imagine a single woman of a certain age is put with similar folk on paper; a man, ditto, and put with many single women. I've never seen a desirable single man left to eat alone. The single people I've met love to travel, have stories to tell; I'd want to be at their table!

Size-wise, (not 16 vs. 6), I could always take a small cabin at $4,000 and go on three times vs. one time at $12,000! Anyone interested, look into Caronia.........a general bang for the buck.