Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Beginner

Default World Cruise 2007, QE2

OK, I am in the situation that I may choose to take the world cruise in January of 2007, NYC to NYC. My biggest problem is that I am 40 year old professional, not a 60 year old retiree (no offense). I will also be traveling alone. I think this would be a vacation of a lifetime. I just want to make sure that I will have a good time. Would you guys let me know what you think. Also, I love to sit and chat with people, of all backgrounds and all ages.

Regards,

Lee
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Beginner

Default Re: World Cruise 2007, QE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbleem32
OK, I am in the situation that I may choose to take the world cruise in January of 2007, NYC to NYC. My biggest problem is that I am 40 year old professional, not a 60 year old retiree (no offense). I will also be traveling alone. I think this would be a vacation of a lifetime. I just want to make sure that I will have a good time. Would you guys let me know what you think. Also, I love to sit and chat with people, of all backgrounds and all ages.

Regards,

Lee
I´m sure you will have a great time. I´m some years younger than you and on my first cruise i noticed that the age average of the ships population was over 55, but that´s no problem, there are many ages represented and everybody has something to say. That´s the lovely atmosphere at QE2, you can chat with everybody and have fun. I´m counting the days to go.....
Old July 14th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Beginner

Default Wow , we are too !

Lee,
Would u belive I just joined and posted a call to have contact with someone on QM2 San to Sydney Feb 2007 - my daughter and I are going it alone , What a shame your not on the same trip.
But the two ships both sail into Sydney Harbour in Feb 2007 , the whole country is expecting us !!
Oh Im 37 and the little on is 12 , we are from SydneyAustralia - would love to hear back. I hear that the cruisers are not all 60 and if they are they dont look it , and they sure as hell know how to travel well anyway. And Im sure would be a delight to have a nag with ! Aussie terminology , means to have a conversation about life !
Lee-Anne
Old July 14th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Passenger

My wife and I (40 and 32 at the time) did a segment of the QE2 World cruise and found the other passengers to be extremely pleasant, and dare I say it, more interesting than a younger group that you might find on other QE2 voyages.

Gor for it!!!

Old July 15th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Wow , we are too !

Hi, Oh what a pitty we are on differents ships. We will be on the QE2. We are a party of 3( my Mum, my youngest sister 13, and me 30). Perhaps we can wave hands from aboard in Sydney....because both Queens only meet for an hour or so. I think QM2 arrives in the morning and leaves about 23h, and we arrive about 21.....and i believe there will be thousands watching.....what a crowd. In our opinion QM2 is new, big and beautifull, but QE2 has a very special ambient, who travells on her does not want to go somewhere else.
Last time we were in Sydney we couldn´t believe how amazing it was, sailing out of the harbour, and thousands of people waiving off, it was so exiting. In Melbourne we got off and went to the Outback, we visited Uluru and then went back to Perh and waited for the ship to come back. And now we are looking forward to be there again. You are really luky living in such a special place.
Have a nice time!!
Old July 30th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Passenger

I haven't done a world cruise but did my first cruise last year to and from America. I am also younger than the average cruiser but it was fabulous and there were younger people on board. We also took a table for six. Then you make automatically friends.
The place where we made the most friends was in the Golden Lion Pub. Thats not so handy if you aren't a pub type.But there are other places of course We went to the pub and did the quizes and it was good fun and we made up a team with different people.
All in all I shouldn't worry about it. I wish I was able to take such a cruise. I will have to wait until 2008 to go once again to my family in America.
Have fun.
Penny