Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2004, 05:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default handicap child/kids club

Dear Cruisers,

We are cruising with our best friends and they are bringing their daughter, age 9 who has CP, is totally wheelchair bound, no speech but understands everthing. (in public school with assistant) I have been trying to get info. about the possiblity of her participation in the kids club on Princess. Our son will be with her & understands her needs, but his is only 8. Has anyone ever had experience in this matter. Thanks in advance for you help
Gail
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: handicap child/kids club

I have 2 kids with Spina Bifida that are paraplegics and use wheelchairs. The oldest one is 14 and the youngest one is 6. In July we went to Alaska on Princess when they were 13 and 5 and had no problem with the kids program. They didn't have any idea that they were in wheelchairs when I signed them up that way they couldn't tell me no and there was no problem with them being in their programs. However, both my kids are verbal but if you son is in the program with her and lets them know that he will tell them what she needs it should be ok. They also have beepers for the younger age kids and will probably give one for her just in case they need someone.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: handicap child/kids club

CJH,
Thanks so much for you help.. I feel soooooo much better hearing that others have had their children in the program that are disabled.

Happy sailing,
Gail