Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Vladimir D.

Default Ft Lauderdale Hotels

For our next cruise - Celebrity Millenium, on March 12, from Ft Lauderdale, we are making our own flight arrangements. I guess, it would be smart to get to Ft L. a day earlier, not to worry about snow here in Pittsburgh, - so could someone suggest a reasonable
hotel/motel, close to Ft L. Celebrity Terminal, with prices to go around $100.00 p/night.
About the flight - I can get a direct flight PGH-FTL, for less then half the fare pp. from
Celebrity. Important point, no hassle with the wheelchair wait at exiting plane and running to ketch the connecting flight. Celebrity would have one, or even two stops!
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Ft Lauderdale Hotels

We stayed at the Amerisuites Hotel and it was very reasonably priced and close to the air port & cruise terminal. I got a great price through ladybugstore.com in their travel section. I think it was under "cheap Tickets".
Be sure you fly a day ahead of time. We're from Ohio and snow is the BIG reason we don't cruise in the winter. Never know if we can get to the air port!
Old July 29th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Vladimir D.

Thank you Cruisequeen,
a great suggestion!
Now, first the airline booking and then the Amerisuites. Do they have a shuttle to the cruiseline terminal? And do they include breakfast?
Our daughter is in Cincinnati, so we are fine with Ohio!
Vladimir
Old July 29th, 2005, 11:05 AM
jim smith

embassy suites hotel at ft.lauderdale is a good place.they will pick you up and deliver you to your cruise the next morning. call them and ask for rosalie morton. she is the assistant general manager. they will provide wheelchair lift vans if needed. hope this helps.
Old July 29th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Yeoman

You can get a taxi or take their shuttle to the port. I'm up near Findlay, OH but have a nephew in Batavia!
Old July 29th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Yeoman

P.S. - Yes they had a wonderful breakfast there!
Old July 30th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Sea-soned 1

I have heard, but do not know for sure, that the Embassy Suites has discontinued their shuttle, both for ABs and H/C. When we were there we had a heck of a time.............Rosalie promised us an accessible ride from airport to hotel............we arrived late in the evening from the west, and there was no transportation from the hotel. We called and they said they didn't offer H/C transport. Rosalie wasn't there. I had already gone through all this with the hotel, with Hilton, etc, and still no go. We waited in the taxi line, and they did bring up a van with a lift. Embassy Suites DID provide accessible transport to the ship. They said they would have their own accessible shuttle by December of 2004...........don't know if they did, and am now hearing that there is no transport at all. I hope that's wrong, as the hotel is very accessible, rooms are nice, and the food is good. Do check before booking, though, so you wont get stuck at the airport like we did.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 07:40 AM
Yeoman

V - did you get your hotel booked?
Old November 19th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Beginner

The best advice would be to stay in a large chain hotel. If something goes wrong it get fixed faster . Check out the cruise line recommended hotels.
And most important have your transfer from the hotel to the port prearranged, especially coming back. Keep in mind there are several ships returning the same day. Getting a taxi is a nightmare . If you are not going to the airport they just simply refuse to let you get in. Good luck and have fun.