Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2002, 08:07 AM
Passenger

Default virus from ship 12-22-12-12-26-02

We cruised Disney Wonder last week over Christmas from Sunday thru Thursday it was great the kids programs are good this was second cruise fo H ans I 1st for kids we cruised Carnival 2 years ago.......the excursion of Blue Lagoon Beach Day was a waste on the Disney as was Castaway Cay better off to just stay on the boat.....our kids are 5 and 8 and loved the kids programs they never wanted to leave.........lol ......Now unfortunately 1 day after returning home the children were violently ill with stomach aches and vomiting...and H and I had severe diarreaha......it might have been from our airport meanl in Atlanta Popeyeye's chicken but who knows? just be careful we were meticulous about handwashing there they even give you handwipes on the Disney cruise........the sickness afterwards was a bummer though we did not have that from our other cruise.......we hope to sail Disney over Christmas next year for a 7 day itinerary....
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2003, 05:33 PM
dragnlili77

Default Re: virus from ship 12-22-12-12-26-02

Sorry to hear your family is sick....My daughter and I just came off the Wonder today from our 4 day cruise... I didnt notice or see anyone sick... and hope that there arent any after effects. I was pleasantly surprised to see them handing out the wipes before eating at the buffet... I was very careful with myself and my daughter to wash our hands often...

We had a great day at the Blue Lagoon, but I got the Stingray excursion which included the beach... so maybe thats why I enjoyed it more... The water was awfully cold though

Dragn
Old January 15th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Stacey Barker

Hello

We were on the Disney Wonder which sailed on 5th January and three out of our party of eight became ill with gastrointestinal problems, 2 whilst on the ship who were quarantined for 72 hours and one other who became ill the day after and was rushed to hospital to be put on a drip....

Have you had much response from other people who also sailed Disney Wonder?...we came across quite a few families on the ship who either had a member of their party affected or knew someone who had...so maybe this virus is still much more prevelant than Disney are letting on.

I'd appreciate if you could let us know if you've found others with similar cases.

Many Thanks
Stacey
Old January 15th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Stacey Barker

Hello

We were on the Disney Wonder which sailed on 5th January and three out of our party of eight became ill with gastrointestinal problems, 2 whilst on the ship who were quarantined for 72 hours and one other who became ill the day after and was rushed to hospital to be put on a drip....

Have you had much response from other people who also sailed Disney Wonder?...we came across quite a few families on the ship who either had a member of their party affected or knew someone who had...so maybe this virus is still much more prevelant than Disney are letting on.

I'd appreciate if you could let us know if you've found others with similar cases.

Many Thanks
Stacey