Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Passenger

Default can we bring wine on board?

My parents are travelling on the seven day cruise next week and want to bring their favorite beverages to enjoy in their cabin. Is that allowed?

Thanks!
phyl
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Mmketeer

Default Re: can we bring wine on board?

Hi,

Well, yes and no. The cruiselines would like to discourage this practice and they do have the right to refuse to let you on board with it. However, in my opinion it's worth the risk of bringing it. Every little bit helps when your budgeting and cruise more than twice a year. Hubby and I always pack (in a sealed zip lock or sealed container) a few cokes and a small bottle of wine. when we go on DCL. I wouldn't make this too obvious and dedicate a whole suitcase to this or anything cause remember they do scan all luggage including carry-ons. And, I would highly discouarge trying to pack this stuff in your luggages if your flying. Let them know to that Disney is really good about their on board drink prices and even have wine packages available for dinners for their cruises and for their staterooms too!

I.E as of November 14th 2002 (our last DCL cruise)
In room stateroom dining can deliver a bottle of wine to your room for $22.00 and if I remember correctly that's about how much it costs to order a bottle at dinner too.

Hope this helps...Mmketeer
Old June 10th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Beginner

Yes, you can but if you choose to take it to the dining room with you they will charge you a corking fee of $15.00. That way they hold the bottle for dinner dining and rotate it with you to the different dining rooms. I will probably do this next cruise (Jan 2004, Magic) since my favorite wine costs me $9.00 here and $32.00 on board.
Old June 10th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Yeoman

I tried taking one of the splits from our Bon Voyage basket to the dining room. Still $15.
Old July 27th, 2003, 05:42 PM
joyful

Default Re: Re: can we bring wine on board?

We brought three bottles of wine with us on our July13th cruise. We had no problem bringing them on. We already knew about the cork fee so we didn't bring it to dinner with us. We did forget to bring our corkscrew so we went to the bar and they opened the wine for us. (no charge) We bought two glasses of wine for the night that we dined at Palo's. Both glasses of wine cost us $13.40 less than the cork fee.
Old August 10th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Steve&Lisa

You aren't really allowed unless you want to pay a corkage fee with most cruise lines. It's not really worth it though. We always take some wine and maybe something else on with us. If you pack it right in your luggage they won't see it. Just be carefull and don't be ridiculous with the amount. We have never had a problem with the room steward either but you never know so keep it out of site.