Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Kathy D
Default Disney land-sea package

Hi, My husband and I are thinking of taking my son, daughter-in-law and three year old grandson, plus one adult son to Disney World. We're interested in the four day land and three day sea package. What is included? Do you have to pay extra for transfers from the airport to the resort and then to the ship and back to the airport, or is this included. Has anyone stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort at Disney World? This will be a relatively expensive trip and is approaching $8,000 just for airline and package for the six of us. This is through Travelocity. Is it more to book directly with Disney? My husband and I have been on three Princess, one Celebrity and one RCL cruise. Is the Wonder comparable? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any advice/information.
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Sooshie

Default Re: Disney land-sea package

Hi Kathy,
We booked that identical trip for this May (16-23). We will be staying at the CBR also.
Transfers are not included...however I have found a few van services that are more reasonable than what they offer. The transfers can be quite costly since the port is about 45 minutes from the airport and an hour from Disney. For the 4 of us (2 adults and 1 children) we are in the $3000 range...and of course we haven't added airfare to that yet. I have never booked a "Disney" vacation before and have heard that once you go through Disney you won't ever want to book with anyone else. We have been to Disney many times, but never stayed at the Disney resorts...always maingate. I find that you can save quite a bit by finding your own airfare through Orbitz or Cheap Tickets or through the carriers site directly. Shop around for the cruise though you will find prices that vary quite a bit. If you would like me to send you some of the info I have please email me...I'd be happy to help.

Susan
Sooshie1@comcast.net
Old January 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Passenger

Thank you for the information. I have ordered information from Disney and will check out other booking sites. We also have only stayed outside the park and it's not too bad, but I wanted this to be a special trip. I'll just have to keep checking. We were thinking of the same week that you will be going. Originally, I thought October would be nice because we have gone at that time of year twice, but of course, you run the risk of a hurricane, so I don't think it's worth saving a few dollars because it is cheaper during hurricane season. Thanks again.
Old January 27th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Robertm

Default Re: Re: Disney land-sea package

Mears Transportation is the main shuttle service between the airport and Disney. Caribbean beach would not be my first pick of resorts but if it is part of a package you might be better off. From what I understand you will get the cruise at the same price no matter where you book it. 8k is probably not that bad for 5 adults and 1 child considering it includes airfare. I really do not know to much about booking it the normal ways because we are DVC members so we exchange points for lodging and cruise. We plan to stay at Old Key West before we go on our 7 day cruise.
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:11 AM
First Mate

If you go on www.disneycruise.com and hit reservations then book or quote you can get the cost of what it would be through Disney with or with out air, transfers and insurance.I booked mine through Mann Travel and cruises. I didn't need air fare thanks to flyer miles and didn't need transfers since I wanted to rent a car. did get insurance.
Total cost $7200
3 adults 1 teen and 1 child land sea
1 room @ port orleans 1 room @ polynesian, 2 categorys 11, 1 category 6
2 adults cruise only

Please feel free to contact me if you need any information I try to help.
Old January 28th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Sooshie

With our package you have a choice of Port Orleans and Caribbean Beach Resort...of the two I have heard better things about the Caribbean Beach. Check out www.disboards.com . A site that is totally devoted to Disney Resorts and cruises with tons of message boards. We have cruised 4 times in October (always after 10/12) and have never had a drop of rain or rough seas...I love to cruise in October, but you're right, you do take a small chance. Athough you don't get much of a discount from purchasing from an agency other than Disney there are better deals to be had. Mears charges you $69pp for transfers...I have found other sites that are as low as $27pp round trip. Mutliply that by 6 and you've saved quite a bit of cash. I just looked at my receipts and it says $3400 that's including transfers (which we will cancel) and insurance (2 adults and 2 children). Like I said before if you want any of the names that I have just email me as I cannot post them on the message boards.

Susan
Old January 28th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Passenger

Hi, Thanks for the info. I just checked the disboards site, and it looks great. I'll have to do some checking around. I'd really like to do this trip, but it will be a stretch. Might have to wait a year to save some money because meals and snacks at Disney are pretty expensive, too.
Old March 4th, 2004, 04:37 PM
cmn

We booked our trip through AAA motor club. We are a family of 5 and did a 4 day land and 3 day sea trip. We found the trip to be cheaper through AAA than directly through Disney. I am thinking it was 10% cheaper plus you got your drink mugs for the ship free. I have not stayed at the Carribean. My aunt has and she loved it. We stayed at the Polynesian. We absolutely loved our trip and would do it again in a heartbeat. We paid 4500 for our trip. We did not fly though. So, we did not have to do transfers either since we had our car.
Old March 5th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Yeoman

We did the pkg. deal. I would first check with www.allseastravel.com and see what you can save there. We found them to be cheaper than AAA. I wasn't happy at all with my service from AAA. We also rented a car. A much nicer vehicle and you don't have to depend on waiting for others. They took us from the airport to a grocery store then directly to our hotel. (The Dolphin) Then they picked us up and took us to the ship. Then they met us at the ship when it was over and took us back to the airport. I wish I could think of the car rental agency we used. WE got so much info from www.Disboards.com

I took a long time to figure out a way we could save money too at WDW. Food is very expensive! We boughts groceries and saved tons of money on food! We ate breakfast in our room. Packed a lunch each day, along with snacks and drinks. They do ck the bags but didn't care we had food and drinks. Then we ate at counter service each night.

There's many ways to save money!

Any questions, feel free to email me.
Old March 8th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

I'm wondering the same thing. So far with 4 adults and one child withe air, and package I'm looking at $6000. That's without the cost of food in the parks. But that is through Disney Cruise line. I would love to find a better deal and I'm looking at Jan 05.
Old March 8th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to disneylynn

I found booking through disney to be higher also .
I always call a T.A. with the lowest price I get ,and they always beat .
Old March 8th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Once you have stayed on site you will never go back to the outside. We splurged and stayed at what they call the Riverside. A step up from the All-Sports and it was worth it.